Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ RZ jig issue

So I bought a ddj rz 2 years ago was working absoulty fine then a year ago I updated the firmware and the rekord box software to the latest version of that time ... that's where things started to go crazy all of the sudden I started feel that the right you wheel isn't doing exactly what I wanted it to do ... but since I was doing multiple gigs in a day at that time I didn't had time to see what the actual problem was and started using DDJ RZ 4 CAHNNEL controller as a 2 channel controller. Cuting the story short now one day i sheet my controller to one of my mate who own a dj company he and i went over the controller opened the you to see of its the jog issue then we went and messed around with midi-mapping but at the end of the day we have up ... All I wanna know is that is it a mapping issue if yes how can I fix it or is it jog issue if yes how can k fix it I'm posting a link of the video which shows what the problem is would REALLY LOVE TO GET SOME SUGGESTIONS ESPICALLY FROM PINOOOOOER PEOPLE. https://youtu.be/wyW6xzD8rqs
Daniyal12

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

14 commentaires

Daniyal > I'm sorry, but it's not clear from either the post or the video as to what exactly the problem is... I understand it's not responding as expected, but how? Does it not scratch when you're in playback mode? Does it not pitch-bend? Is it always engaged as scratch?

Does the same problem occur when you switch from deck 1 to deck 3 control?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Yes it's same on deck 1 and 3 , but 2 and 4 are perfectly fine as I'm still using 2 and 4 , so this is what happens 1 and 3 they sense that im touching the jog wheel so they stop what ever is being played on them rite. But when I try to move the track or beat match or as you said pitch-blend it goes crazy . You can see in the video how the track is moving backward and forwards super fast it shouldn't be doing that.. and you look closely on the jog wheel icon on the rekord box you can see the same thing ..

2ndly it's always in the vinyl mode . And yes we did turn the vinyl mode off to see if it solve the issue but the result was the same. What I'll do is that I'll make a detailed video and upload it on YouTube and post a link here

Daniyal12 0 votes

And oh let me tell you how it started initially I started to discover this problem after i updated its firmware back then, now I dont know if its firmware the jog or it's a mapping issue ... as I want to get it fixed but not spend money on a new job and turns out the old one was fine . If you get what I mean

Daniyal12 0 votes

@Daniyal > What happens if you hold your other hand on the faceplate of the DDJ when trying to scratch on the left deck?

Pulse 0 votes

im not surer what you mean by hold other hand , But same thing happens no matter what hand i use. it reacts the same way and the issue remains.

Daniyal12 0 votes

One hand on the faceplate of the DDJ (touching the metal part), one hand on the jog itself.

Pulse 0 votes

Thank you for the videos, that was exactly what we needed. I'll pass this to our product team for review and comment.

Pulse 0 votes

Can you please provide me step by step procedure to re flash the firmware to original out of the box version when DDJ RZ was bought. so i can do it right 

Daniyal12 0 votes

@Daniyal > Were you able to update the firmware and did it have the same issue? Or have you sent it for servicing?

Pulse 0 votes

@Daniyal > I'm requesting another update; I'll be considering this issue solved if we don't hear back. Thank you.

Pulse 0 votes