Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Need to reformat hard drive, how do I keep from having to re-cue, loop everything again?

With thousands of tracks already cued, loops and samples done, how do I reformat but save everything for an easy transition when I load Rekordbox back after the reformat has been done so I don't have redo every track again?

Windows 10 (And good step by step videos?)

Clarity Répondu

Commentaire officiel

The XML option is horrible and slow.

The best bet is File > Library > Backup Library, then File > Library > Restore Library. That is literally the "2 click" method, nothing fancy or complicated required. All of your library is transferred that way.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

You can do a backup with all your music files, or just export everything as XML.

I did a writeup about the options you have here: https://rekord.cloud/blog/using-the-same-rekordbox-on-multiple-computers

Options 2 and 3 apply to you.

Personally I'd go for the XML option because it's quick. Just make sure your music files are in the same location after you're done reinstalling Windows. If they aren't in the same place, you can relocate them either in Rekordbox or through rekordcloud (useful if Rekordbox relocating doesn't work).

Christiaan Maks 0 votes

But Pulse has said in other posts about the path being the same. I'm really looking for a detailed video on how to do this. (Step by Step)

You know, they say to become a millionaire, create something people want. I wish I knew programming lol. Many have asked about the same question, it seems like a feature that people who use RB want and that is...

A button (lack of better words) in RB that would automatically save everything needed on an external device (Minus the music) for RB so when you load RB onto a new hard drive, you click the button again and it takes the information that was saved on the external device and loads your saved RB settings so that is effortless. Until then...

Is there a video that goes step by step for Windows?

Clarity 0 votes

You should use option 3 in my post earlier.

Rekordbox creates a backup of your data and all your music. You'll get a zip file with your data (playlists, cue points, etc) and a folder that contains all your music.

Make sure you save those the zip and the folder on an external drive. Then after reformatting you can just do Restore Library from the Rekordbox menu and point to the zip file.

Christiaan Maks 0 votes