Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

Need help on how to upgrade to Catalina

Hi everyone! I would like to ask how could I update to Catalina as I have all my music on Itunes right now and the database of my itunes is on an usb as I have not enought space. Will it affect to have my Itunes music on the usb? However, all my playlists are made on rekordbox directly, is it better? I would be able to download the music, send it to the new app Music, will it copy to the usb database? And will it be detected by Rekordbox? Thank you!
Rogerxdby

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

12 commentaires

Bring all the music into rekordbox, and stop using iTunes! lol - that's my personal suggestion, but if you insist on still using Apple Music, you're going to find it a bit difficult as you would need to manually export the XML file from the Music app every time you want to sync; there is no automatic XML creation any more, and it would be a very slow process to import and update rekordbox every time.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

This is not acceptable, Catalina in beta was release a lot of month ago to let developer test the os changes and adapt software. And pioneer has waited the last minute to start the update and after 1 month of Catalina release you don't have fix for the Music app and you joke with customers saying that stop using iTunes. Sir just let you know that most of users or YOUR CUSTOMERS in MacOs are using Itunes or Music as their main music library management tool!! Poor development cycle and no agility anywhere! and customers...here with this kind of answers......this is sad really.

JoeJrSoul 0 votes

No, we waited for the full public release - we never test using a beta as there have been changes to the OS prior to the public release in the past which made our efforts for nought, requiring further changes and costing additional time and money.

My personal recommendation has ALWAYS been to stop using iTunes. I won't go into it here, but I personally feel it's never been a good option for managing music as a DJ. And no, not "most" are using iTunes.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes is the reason we are in this situation. Betas and Previews are there for that and is the decision of the Pioneer team don't use it and again is the reason why we are in this situation. A world exist other than RekordBox and is the reason why people use iTunes or Music because is the common tool for others to sync. Do a poll it will be interesting to see the result. At least respect people that right now, due of poor customer care, has to stick with mojave or migrate or change all their music management library. 

JoeJrSoul 0 votes

@Joe > Betas and previews are there for people to find bugs and problems, and as I said before, neither we, nor many other software / hardware manufacturers, engage as part of that process because of potential changes during that period. It's not a trivial amount of time, effort, or money, so I thank you for your understanding in how Pioneer DJ has chosen to conduct its operations.

You're free to do whatever you want - but we won't guarantee our software is compatible until we've had a chance to test it with the final public release. So if you make a decision to upgrade to the latest operating system and things don't work, that's not our fault - we advised against it.

Pulse 0 votes

I will start the poll for you I DO NOT USE ITUNES - why add another layer of complexity to your music - just stuff it all in one folder and access it from there so 1-0 to not using iTunes !

Mike Lawson 0 votes

Okay okay, this topic isn't intended as a "who uses what" and "let's argue about wether iTunes sucks or not" topic. If you use it, great - just be aware of how Apple has tied your hands.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for this thread. So first it solidifies that if I upgrade my automatic sync w iTunes will no longer work and be manual. I can see issues coming. Is there a plan to re-create syncing w iTunes or is Pioneer saying that Apple is preventing syncing.

Lastly, is there a link re how to switch to Rekordbox reading files from a separate music folder if I chose to go that path? I set up my system some time ago and need a quick link if anyone has one with a refresher. 

Thanks

dj starsomatic 0 votes

Thanks for this thread. So first it solidifies that if I upgrade my automatic sync w iTunes will no longer work and be manual. I can see issues coming. Is there a plan to re-create syncing w iTunes or is Pioneer saying that Apple is preventing syncing.

Lastly, is there a link re how to switch to Rekordbox reading files from a separate music folder if I chose to go that path? I set up my system some time ago and need a quick link if anyone has one with a refresher. 

Thanks

Reposting tied to my Pioneer account so i can see responses. Sorry about that

dj starsomatic 0 votes

Any reason why my USB drives are showing up in finder/desktop but rekordbox can't see them to export to? I did a fresh install of Catalina and not a single drive shows up in rekordbox now?

Very odd. 

Richie Barthez 0 votes

@Richie > If you've updated to Catalina, you need to allow applications access to your removable drives in the system preferences > privacy tab.

@starsomatic > You can have your music in any folder you want. If you move the music, you can do a mass-relocation (see this video).

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse you are a superstar! I didn't even know that option existed. Rebooted Rekordbox and the issue was resolved straight away. My workaround before was reinstalling the software which seemed to fix it temporarily.

Screenshot to help others... 

Richie Barthez 0 votes