Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-800 Feedback Reducer Latency - Can it be decreased?

As it functions now, there is a very noticeable delay from speaking into the mic and when it is routed through the master output of the DDJ-800 when the Microphone is set to "Effect Mode."

Is there a way to adjust the latency of the Microphone "Effect Mode" setting? Perhaps this can be solved by individually turning on/off what you need? For example, I do use talkover or color effects, but would use the feedback reducer and recording ability. Right now, it's all or nothing.

The feedback reducer was a huge selling point for me, but the delay is just too great to represent a quality performance during something like speeches and toasts at an event.

Jason Spencer Répondu

Commentaire officiel

@Jason > This is inherent because the audio must go into the software, be processed, then returned out. If you lower the overall buffer size in the audio preferences, that delay will go down, but be aware you potentially run into other possible hiccups and audio glitches if it's too low. Give it a try and see what the optimal value is for your computer.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

I understand that, but currently the software is juggling multiple things with the mic -- at least four different things by my count. If I could manually select what processing I wanted done (rather than all on or all off) it seems to reason that the power required would decrease.

And given that I could record the mic in Traktor using the DDJ-RX and had no noticeable latency, I don't fully understand why that's so hard to do with the DDJ-800.

Jason Spencer 0 votes

Sorry, there's no "optional" routing for the mic audio, but as long as those other functions are not in use, they're not affecting the delay on the signal. Again, check the audio buffer size as that has a larger affect on the overall performance and delay of the mic than anything else.

Pulse 0 votes