Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Feature request: Effect BPM manual edit

Hi all. I had an idea and I will post it in the Rekordbox Subreddit as well.

The effects currently only allow for two options to select the BPM; the first is auto and the alternative is tap bpm. I understand this is replicate the way in which the mixers have the ability to tap in the bpm for effects. That is fine for a mixer because I understand it is limited in terms of firmware/hardware. HOWEVER, software on a laptop shouldn't be limited as such. I would like to be able to edit the bpm that the effects are using.

For example, I have circled the bpm of the effects and the two track bpms.

If I set the effect bpm for track A to 100 and I use the release Echo 1/1 effect to fade out track A at 100bpm and then I can seamlessly blend into track B even though the bpms are very different. (The energy level is what really matters)

However, to do this I need tap in the BPM which takes time and sometimes it's hard to get it at exactly the right bpm. It will be 100.4 or 99.8 etc... It would be so much easier and faster if I could just click on the number and modify it to the BPM that I want. Currently the number is unclickable and greyed out. It would be a simple fix to make that number modifiable.

Joshua Irwin Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Joshua,

Both of the FX decks have DECK 1 selected as the source. If you want it to automatically get the BPM from deck 2, select that deck as the source.

The tempo is not manually editable, but you can assign a MIDI control to adjust it.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

@Pulse I think I am failing the IQ test - how do I set deck 2 as the source for FX 1 and vice versa? 

I thought that the blue number 1 by FX1 and FX2 was to choose the deck to which the effect was assigned to, not to where the source was taken from?

Joshua Irwin 0 votes

I don't think you are entirely correct.

From what I have tested that button does denote the source, and but it also denotes where the effect is applied. They are the same. Choosing FX1 and selecting deck 1 and choosing FX2 and selecting deck 1 will have the same effect. It automatically uses the specific deck's bpm. So yes, you are right that I have deck 1 selected on FX1 and FX2, but if change FX2 to say "2" then the effect applies to deck 2 using deck 2's bpm. There is no way to automatically get the other BPM or to type it in quickly. 

It is the same way that if I use pad FX then it automatically uses the deck bpm. 

Thus the only way I can get a different BPM is via tapping which is an inefficient method (while in a club), so again, my feature request is that we be able to manually edit that number or for some way of choosing the source deck and the effected deck to be different. Ie: Automatically get the bpm from deck 2 and apply it to deck 1. I think manually editing the effect bpm might be easier and more useful to other DJs than programming a whole new source vs assign track system.

Joshua Irwin 0 votes