Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-SB2 flicker leds

Hello all!

I would like to get feedback from SB2 users regarding the leds on the unit.

Recently i start noticing that leds would flicker evérytime a command is activated (jog wheel, faders, equalizer...), this is only most visible in the buttons that are not "ON", only the background light. I can clearly see the leds from "cue" or "pad" blinking as i touch any command. 

Already switch cable, PC, and even an power supplied USB HUB, actually the unit don't even need to be connected to the software, just connected to an USB is enough to see

Does anyone noticed this behavior?

Thanks a lot,

Helder

hneto Répondu

Commentaire officiel

This is due to the fact that the power being supplied to the SB2 is less than 0.5A, and as such, all power consumption has to be minimized to keep everything working and under that limit. So as a result, some of the LEDs will flicker when another function is being performed, and it's perfectly normal.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

10 commentaires

Dear Pulse,

I normally use a USB HUB with is own power supply of 2.5A. In this case, is it still normal?

hneto 0 votes

Yep, because the DDJ itself still has to remain under the 0.5A draw.

Pulse 0 votes

Then why don’t every unit acts the same? Meaning SB2, I tested some friends units that don’t behave like this. Can you confirm if other models like SB3 and 400 act the same?

hneto 0 votes

Some? I’m sorry but I’m confused... this is mass produce hardware with specifications, shouldn’t all units of the same model have the same output condition?

hneto 0 votes

I meant that some models exhibit this behaviour and others do not.

Pulse 0 votes

Well, for what I’ve been able to see even in the same models they not all act like this. And I surely don’t understand why you need to divert control current if more than enough is supplied. It’s like Christmas in my controller and it looks way cheaper than it costed, and I’m sure this wasn’t it behavior when I purchased it.

I really thank you for your answer, it should have been answered from your colleagues by email in the opened case I have in my account. I must say it’s a bit disappointing that some are good and some are bad, like the PLX-1000, some have good tonearms and some do not. I think if Pioneer is industry standard, it should act like standard.

Thank you,
Hélder

hneto 0 votes

If you can show us a video, I might have a better understanding if this is abnormal behaviour. Thanks.

Pulse 0 votes