Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Can't Record on DDJ-SZ on MacosX High Sierra

Hello! I'll be brief:

I get no input signal for recording on the DDJ-SZ & MacosX High Sierra

- I own Serato, Recordbox & Traktor, none of them get an input signal
- I've Installed DDJ - SZ Setting Utility and made sure that USB 9/10 is set to Mix    (Record).

- I've also double checked that input source on recordbox and traktor to be at USB 9/10. For serato that is supposed to happen automatically but nothing there also.

-I dual booted my mac on Windows and it works perfectly with the same settings out of the box, didn't have to to anything.

- I've deleted the driver for the DDJ-SZ and re-installed. No change.

Any suggestions?

NightShadow Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Two things...

1) When you installed the drivers, did you bypass the security setting? If not, you'll need to uninstall / reinstall the drivers to get the prompt again.

2) I can't recall if this was in High Sierra or just Mojave & Catalina, but you'll also need to allow the software the ability to record by allowing the "mic" input:

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

Hello again, thanks for the response.

Actually i had already thought of that before posting here.

There is no prompt in high sierra while installing the driver for privacy access and there is no privacy option for the mic n the privacy settings as well.

I aready cheked. Attaching screenshots below:

The second screenshot says "not connected" but don't mind that. I just didn't have the controller pluggged in at the time:

And as i said before i double checked the settings in Traktor and Rekordbox. For Serato it is automated and it's my first choice when i'm testing the recording function.

Maybe it's a firmware issue?

Or maybe something in the audio/midi Settings in macos?

Unfortunatelly i don't own the DDJ SZ it's already set up at the club in a different country and i have no way of testing this.

At my last 3 Gigs i was forced to boot into windows because recording is mandatory in these events. So its a problem for me cause they don't run very well on a 13 inch Macbook Pro of 2015. I have latency issues there but that's another story...

Has anyone else reported something like this?

Thanks

NightShadow 0 votes

Ah, then it was with Mojave that they added the mic privacy setting.

Do you know if the DDJ-SZ was showing properly within the Audio MIDI Settings app?

Pulse 0 votes

Yes everything was showing up correctly, and I was able to perform. Everything works great except for the recording function.

I used your uninstall script for the driver and the utility. Rebooted. And the reinstalled. No special prompts for access where requested and the problem remains. I really can't figure it out

NightShadow 0 votes

If you didn't have the setting utility set to select one of the inputs as the MIX (REC OUT), that would possibly be why.

Pulse 0 votes