Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox.xml Missing?

Hi, Everyone - 

I need to mass update the root location of my files in Rekordbox. What is the best way to do this? I can't seem to find the collection XML file so I can update the paths there. 

Any advice? 

Ivan Todorov

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

That option is where you have to place an XML when you want to import it. To create an XML from your library, go to the File menu and select Export Collection as XML.

You can edit the XML if you're comfortable doing that but you can also use https://rekord.cloud to do it. It can change your root drive and create a new XML for you. It has many other cool features too, check it out!

Christiaan (rekordcloud) 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thank you - the function was right in front of my face and I didn't see it.

How do you recommend I bring the library back once I've made the XML edits? Seems I would have to delete my current playlists and drag them over from the rekordbox.xml tab since rekordbox would "add" tracks with new/paths and I would have duplicates of tracks, some with old paths, and those old files would be the ones referenced in playlists.  

Ivan Todorov 0 votes

In this case it's best to delete everything from your collection and then import everything from the XML. Right click "Playlists" under the XML tab and import those. If you have tracks without playlists, you can also select all files in the collection under XML (CTRL-A) and import all those.

Your mytags are based on location though so if you're using those, rekordbox won't see them anymore.

You should save the XML that you created before editing it, it's a good backup, just in case. You can also backup the rekordbox folder in C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Pioneer that contains everything, again, just in case.

Christiaan (rekordcloud) 0 votes

Thank you. I got my library back and appreciate your help. 

Ivan Todorov 0 votes