Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-400 Awful RCA out sound and almost no low end bass

Got a DDJ-400 today and connected the RCA on a RCA to phono 3.5mm 1.5m long into my Yamaha HS 8's  or trough the soundcard (focusrite scarlett 6i6) . The sound is absolutely terrible and it sounds like its playing trough a mic. The low end is severely lacking. Any proven cables that works?  If i connect to my living room amp with just RCA its fine. 

Also it the DDJ drops out from time to time. 

Christian Lian

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

We are aware of some issues with Scarlett soundcards when used in combination with Pioneer DJ hardware. Please disconnect the Scarlett while using rekordbox and it should be fine.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thank you for the reply but the audio is exactly the same connected directly to my HS8 when using RCA to 1-4" which i find a bit odd since its fine with RCA to RCA on my Denon amp. So in essence id need to buy either a different sound card with RCA or a mixer with RCA from what i can see. 

Christian Lian 0 votes

Are you perhaps using an RCA to 1/4" TS? It could be that your speaker is expecting a TRS and thus is causing some cancellation.

Pulse 0 votes

Im using a Jack (3.5mm) rca adapter cable with an adapter to 1/4 again Its a possibility but it does accept balanced and unbalanced signals. Im not entierly sure. Here's a quote from the speaker features so it may need the TRS. There's not really that many options so

"speakers can accommodate a wide range of balanced and unbalanced sources such as mixers, keyboards and audio interfaces with XLR and TRS phone jacks" 

Christian Lian 0 votes

Well it should be okay in that case... but if it works just fine with your Denon receiver, the issue isn't really the output from the DDJ.

Pulse 0 votes

Hard to say yes but i do appreciate the quick reply! Ill look into another cable and possibly a mixer that ill be getting at some point anyway

Christian Lian 0 votes

Yeah, I'd try it with another cable or speaker(s) to see where the issue may be.

Pulse 0 votes