Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Duplicate files and broken links

Hi,

since I've switched laptops twice I have issues. I import my music from iTunes. The old laptop had the iTunes library on a second HD. My current laptop has a large SSD so my library sits right there. From this perspective I understand that Rekordbox needs some help finding the library. I think I know RB's functions to fix that BUT.....something else has happened that makes this not a walk in the park. 

For every song that's missing, there is a duplicate. The duplicate's miss the play counts and cue points. But directing RB to the right path for a specific song that's missing results in RB saying the song is already in the collection. Deleting the duplicate and directing RB to the correct path of the original song works, but manually doing this for 500+ songs Is something I would rather skip. Any suggestions? If I could, eg find all duplicates for missing files and delete them, the "relocate for all" function would probably work..... 

Thanks

Rob Rolefes Répondu

Commentaire officiel

@Rob > Sounds like you re-imported the collection from iTunes creating the dupes. Sort them by date added, remove the new ones, relocate the old ones.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

Ah thanks. That might work. I have some weird issues but I'll figure it out. 

Rob Rolefes 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien