Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

RekordBox 6 DVS unlock via DDJ-xp1

Hi, after looking through the release notes of the new RB6, I note that I should be able to "unlock" DVS using my DDJ-XP1. 

I've (sensibly) installed RB6 on a spare laptop, connected the laptop to my 900NXS2 mixer and DDJ-XP1 (and 1210's obviously) and whilst I can play music via keyboard shortcuts and via the XP1, I cannot switch it from internal mode to external.  What am I doing wrong or do I need a subscription?  

The release notes say that I shouldn't need a subscription as the ddj-xp1 is listed as a DVS unlock device.

Pallet

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

11 commentaires

This is what would interest me as well. In the feature list the XP1 and XP2 has an asterix behind the 'free' on DVS.

It says it need 'the audio interface' for DVS. But your 900NXS2 is a kompatiple DVS audio interface. I got the same and want to know the answer as well....

Actually the XP1 / XP2 comes with a license for rekordbox DJ and DVS plus pack. 
And therefore it should work....

Let's wait for PioneerDJ to comment.  

Frank Richter 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Same problem with the DDJ-1000 and RB6, DVS is enabled but there is a padlock next to "Absolute" and "Relative" modes even though the DDJ-1000 is a hardware unlock device. Says "You cannot use this function with your current plan".

Ben Taylor 0 votes

I think the *2 (some models are not suported) will probably end up meaning ONLY the Interface 2 is supported as an unlock product - which would be a shame as it is very misleading. 

I'll wait for Pioneers response and hope it's reasonable.

Pallet 0 votes

As the XP1 comes with a DVS full license for rekordbox 5 and Pioneer is saying that they don't take functionally away, the XP1 /  XP2 must allow full DVS support in rekordbox 6 i.e. together with a compatible audio interface - the 900NXS2 would be. That would include all DVS modes.
Otherwise they would 'downgrade' the sold license and probably would need to change marketing information for new XP2 to be sold, and maybe need to change the pricing as they would be selling less support.

But we are speculating... let's wait for AlphaTheta to respond.

In case the XP2 would work as a full HW unlock device - for DVS as well, working with my DJM-900NXS2 - I can imagine to buy one in the future...

Frank Richter 0 votes

I just switch from Serato to DDJ 1000 with Rekordbox. My plan was to use DVS. Big surprise with the new price to get DVS. Goodbye Pioneer.

ENRIQUE REYES 0 votes

@Enrique > You would pay for it with Serato as well if you purchased a DDJ-1000SRT.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse, I guess you’re quite busy with the new software release, but can you shed any light on my original question on this post please?

Pallet 0 votes

Serato has DVS for $99. Pioneer changed to 6.99 every month. The problem is the subcription. There are many people that only want the DVS.

ENRIQUE REYES 0 votes

Agree the subscription model is a joke. Theres no way I'm paying a monthly subscription just to use DVS. A one off fee I'd probably think about, but still think it should be bundled with high end DVS ready units like the DDJ-1000.

Ben Taylor 0 votes

I'm sorry if you disagree with the subscription model, but please keep in mind that it allows us to continue to provide updates and new features without needing to sell another version upgrade.

Serato also offers a subscription plan, and I wouldn't be surprised if they removed their one-time purchases in the future.

@Pallet > The XP1 is a hardware unlock for DVS function, but you do need to ensure that you have the free plan activated in the My Page panel.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks Pulse. I also noted that I needed to tick the (very small) activate DVS check box under the DVS tab... it’s all working now.
Only question now is do I upgrade the MacBook Pro as I hear it takes ages. I’ll monitor further before I upgrade.
Thanks again though Pulse.

Pallet 0 votes