Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox 6 Upgrade Process

It's been a while since I've been here.. not had an issue for years!
I think I should have waited to upgrade to Rekordbox v6.... what an upgrade process...

23 hours for the library conversion
11 hours to prepare to add the new analysis data
9 hours to analyse 6000 out of 28000 tunes
windows update downloaded and installed, so closed RB and restarted the laptop
Message saying I need to remove "My Tags" - Rekordbox crashed, I left it not responding for 2 hours
Now the analysis is stuck and wont start again, and all my previous wave forms are not shown.. it only shows the wave forms for the 6000 newly analysed tunes

Any idea how I can cancel the crashed analysis? I tried turning off auto analysis and just doing 1 song but it just sits there

MrChukkel

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

I went to a similar issue. I ended to start from scratch with the upgrade process. Fortunately I left my production system alone and did the upgrade on a separate PC, just to figure out how it works and if it is save...

I am in the middle of the second try, Well - not really in the 'middle' as my import of the rekordbox 5 library is at 10% progress.... :-( (22500 tracks)

Would be the 3rd night in a row this PC doesn't shut down because of the migration....

This definitely need improvements...

Frank Richter 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Update...  After waiting 3 hours for it to analyse 1 track, it seems to be responding properly again... but "Add New Analysis Data" is no longer available, so I have to do a "full" analysis again 

I will do a few thousand at a time and see what happens

MrChukkel 0 votes

I've seen a few people comment to say their conversions are taking >24 hours. But timings seem to be very inconsistent.

I was expecting my conversion to take similar times reading others' comments.

My library of ~7000 tracks (mostly FLAC stored on a NAS drive) only took around 40 minutes to convert. I'm going to add the new analysis data on a playlist by playlist basis as and when I need to - but for reference, to add the analysis data for a playlist of ~100 tracks (all FLAC stored on a NAS drive, connected over wifi) took only a few minutes.

I wonder what could be causing the huge differences in what people are seeing.

tw332 0 votes

There are so many things which could affect the speed it gonna be virtually impossible to identity the huge time differences.

I'm sure if I had my library on my SSD it would be much faster, but years ago I took the decision to move my library on to my 2TB external drive so I can easily swap it between computers and it speeds up the export, because you are exporting to the same device.. so I welcome the Dropbox integration

I'm not too worried about the time it took to perform the library "upgrade" it's the fact it lost all the analysis which is bugging me...  I guess it has something to do with the remove "My Tags" failing which caused the issue..

MrChukkel 0 votes

So if you are analyzing tracks and decide to close rekordbox and reopen it, if you have auto analysis enabled it will not start instantly like in RB5.  It does something with the internet connection, I guess uploading metadata to the cloud.   If you disconnect the internet connection it will start analyzing again, you can then connect the internet connection again but it will only analyse about 5-10 tunes before halting.

This is clearly a bug for me as I've been able to reproduce the issue twice now

Currently I am leaving RB open with the internet connection connected to see how long I need to wait before the analysis will start again.  Last time it was about 5 hours

MrChukkel 0 votes

So it took about 1hr 30 mins stuck doing something in the background and then started analyzing again

MrChukkel 0 votes

24 hours trying to convert library for me, then Rekordbox just closed and now V6 won’t get past the menu prompt for converting V5 Library or starting afresh.
Uninstalled and Re installed V6 - still hangs at same point.
Not going well!!

toby spin 0 votes

@Chukkel > If you disable wifi, it will start.

@Toby > Please don't threadjack; answered in another topic for you to try 6.0.1.

Pulse 0 votes