Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

I don't not want Rekordbox files on every thumbdrive I own

As soon as I start Rekordbox (5 or 6) it creates a database on my connected thumbdrives, becuase obviously the only thing I would ever use a thumbdrive is for DJing.

I know others have raised this issue before and I learned to ignore those folders and just delete them from time to time but now with Reokrbox 6 it also asked if I want to sync. That's three pop-ups I have to clear before I can start using the software because it decided to use my thumbdrives without my permission.

I searched the settings, but that thing is such a mess I might've missed something. So, is there away to stop this behavior and if not, when will PioneerDJ finally fix this behavior?

That's so it's clear, saving your files in uncommon locations without asking is not the right way for a software to function

EShy

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

Agree - with rekordbox 6 this is even more disturbing.
I would be interested in a solution as well.

Frank Richter 1 vote
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

That is the normal work flow of rekordbox, it sees your drive and works from the point that it's ready for use.  I'm moving this to Features and Suggestions so the engineers can see you request.

Jay 1 vote

Close rekordbox if you aren't wanting to use those thumb drives.

Pulse -1 votes

how does closing rekordbox helps? As soon as it opens it creates a folder with database files on thumbdrives, closing it doesn't remove those files

EShy 0 votes

Why are you connecting a USB drive with rekordbox open if not to use it with rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes

That bad logic sounds the same as the logic the RekordBox developers used.

No, I'm not using all of the computers I have RekordBox installed on exclusively for RekordBox. 

No, not every thumbdrive that's plugged in to a computer is 100% for DJing and should have the RekordBox files on it.

Those are just bad assumptions to make. 

The software should be asking for permissions before creating those files ON EVERY THUMBDRIVE it sees. 

If you think DJs aren't smart enough to figure out how to say yes when asked if a Thumbdrive should be used for their library, well, first, you're wrong, but even if you were correct you can always have an option in settings to turn that feature on/off and allow users to decide if they want your software's files everywhere or if they never want to use any thumbdrive for that, so they don't want the files there, they don't want the sync messages, etc.

This isn't hard

EShy 0 votes

@Pulse.

I got a USB drive connected all the time to my PC. It has nothing to do with rekordbox.
When using rekordbox 5 alone it created the PIONEER folder and it was fine. Not nice, but not much data disturbing ...
Now having rekordbox 5 and 6 on the machine (I am owning a rekordbox 5 DJ/DVS license) both doing different stuff on this USB. Which gives me up to 3 pop up screen all the time I fire up rekordbox. Do I have the PIONEER folder from rekordbox 6 on the USB, rekordbox 5 is complaining or vice versa.

This is pretty much annoying....

Frank Richter 0 votes

So Pioneer is forcing us to use a dedicated computer for making music (also for streaming and home work). But, also during a gig its not good to write automatically to the usb sticks. As example a guest (or partner DJ) will give us an usb stick to let it play. If i will return it, there is a rekordbox folder on it.

Not good!

optional 0 votes