Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-SR2 Flashing Red LED

Howdy, 

I have a DDJ-SR2 in mint condition that may have an issue. 

Right now, I have the controller plugged into a good known power source. The only thing that lights up is the red LED on the right master level meter.  The meter is a 6x segment LED and the flashing LED is the topmost one. I do not have a USB cable connected. 

The power supply has a detachable figure 8 power cable.  I metered that cable by itself and it outputs 124 volts AC, which is correct. If I meter the power at the DC connector of the power supply, I get 12 volts, which is also correct.  This leads me to believe that the power supply itself is good. 

The controller has always been in a hard flight case and has only been used a handful of times. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I've never had a DDJ go DOA on me.  Someone else on the forum posted something similar, but there wasn't a resolution. 

Thanks!

Miguel Medina Répondu

Commentaire officiel

@Miguel > That indicates the unit is in firmware update mode, but the SR2 does not have any updates available for it. I'm going to assume that there's a fault in the hardware causing it to enter that mode by itself and direct you to lease contact a Pioneer DJ authorized service centre in your region to have your hardware inspected and/or repaired.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

Hi, I am following up on this. 

Here are some additional details.

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Serato DJ Pro version 2.3.5

Driver version 2.1.0

When the SR2 is plugged into the Mac, via USB cable, with power supply connected, the DDJ-SR2 driver utility shows utility version 2.1.0 and driver version 2.0.0.  The firmware version shows:  Not connected.

Under Audio Midi Set Up, the DDJ-SR2 shows up as a device. 

Under Sound Preferences, Internal Speakers is set at the default sound output.

My Mac System Report show the DDJ-SR2 USB device as well.

Can you please, assist?

Miguel Medina 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien