Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ 1000 SRT on Windows 10 - unable to install driver or update firmware

Previously, I have been using a DDJ SR with no issues.

Today I received my DDJ 1000 SRT and installed the drivers, before connecting the device.  Turned on the device, getting No Audio Drivers in the display.  Tried to update firmware, it says it is not connected.  

I am directly connected to the USB port on the motherboard.  I am using the latest version of Windows 10 (Version 1909).  I have uninstalled all other pioneer software and drivers from my computer and disconnected my external sound card (A&H Zedi 8)

I am a computer nerd by trade and have tried everything I can think of.  I can't find articles on the site that work either.  I will try installing rekordbox and see if it can make some magic happen with the driver installation.  Any help would be appreciated.

electronCdj Répondu

Commentaire officiel

If you see "No Audio Drivers" try opening the DDJ-1000SRT Driver Version Display app, and make sure you're connected to USB port A if you're trying to update the firmware.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

9 commentaires

Did you possibly connect the unit then install the drivers?

In the Device Manager where you see it with the exclamation point, right-click and uninstall it, then disconnect the USB, reboot Windows. Next, install the drivers WITHOUT the USB connected, and right-click to select Run as Administrator, then reboot, THEN connect the USB cable.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes, I am certain, although the first time I plugged it in, I plugged it in to a USB hub.  I have since done all of the above steps with it plugged directly in to the motherboard's USB slot and the issue persists. 

I am open to any suggestions 

electronCdj 0 votes

So, just to rule everything else out:  I installed a fresh clean copy of Windows 10, updated to a fully up to date current version.  The only other thing I installed was Chrome.

Device off, unplugged.  Installed DDJ 1000 driver.  Plugged in device, turned on.  "No Audio Driver"

Launched the firmware update application, same results as above.

checked Device Manager:  

I have a Macbook Pro that I will try to install this on later today before I return the device.  Unless there are any other thoughts here.

electronCdj 0 votes

Let us know how it goes with the Macbook, that would help narrow down the cause.

Pulse 0 votes

so I ended up calling a support number that I found for Pioneer DJ and obtained a different link to the driver from a troubleshooting document that they emailed to me.  This time it worked.  

hopefully the driver on the main site gets updated soon.  this was a nightmare.

electronCdj 0 votes

Looking at the firmware updater you were running, I see it says "DDJ-1000" not "DDJ-1000SRT," is it possible you had also installed the DDJ-1000 drivers instead of the SRT drivers?

Either way, both websites are up-to-date.

Pulse 0 votes

DDJ1000SRT1000exe was the driver file I obtained from the pioneer site.  If it is correct now, then I am glad that it is.  I'm just glad I don't have to reinstall my DAW and all my plugins.  Talk about a never ending nightmare.

electronCdj 0 votes