Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ SB2 Hardware Inquiry

Is Pioneer expected to release updated hardware for connecting the Pioneer DDJ-SB2 controller to newer Macbooks?  The controller comes with a cable equipped with USB Type A & B for connecting to the computer.  My 2017 Macbook Pro uses USB Type C.  I tried using an adapter to connect the controller.  However, Rekordbox v.6 does not recognize the device.  I used the same controller and cable with my 2018 iMac and it works with no problem.  Please help!

Marc-Anthony Répondu

Commentaire officiel

rekordbox 6 does recognize the SB2, but you need to have a subscription in order to use the SB2 with rekordbox.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

I know Rekordbox 6 recognizes the SB2.  That is not my question.  I am using a 2017 Macbook Pro (MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports).  The hardware cable that came with the DDJ SB2 does not fit these two Thunderbolt 3 ports.  I am asking if there is a plan to issue a cable for this product as a replacement part that will allow the controller to be used with this computer? As it stands now, I would need to use an adapter.  Rekordbox does not recognize my controller with an adapter.  See below.

Marc-Anthony 0 votes

If the adapter does not transmit power, that could be why - open your System Information > Hardware > USB to see if it's listed there with the power used. You might try using a USB-C-to-B cable instead of an adapter or hub.

Pulse 0 votes