Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

RekordBox update from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 all playlists and collection missing

so I have updated to the latest rekordbox version 6.0.1 and all my playlists and collection have vanished as well as user settings.

potentially this may have been caused by having to run the installer as admin, which required a different username that the one I usually open rekordbox with.

I cant seem to find where I would be able to retrieve my old DB, surely this would not just be deleted?

my DB location had been updated since the install of 6.0.1 to  the  path of the username of the admin account

C:/Users/uername-admin/AppData/Roaming/Pioneer/rekordbox/rekordbox.xml

but if I look in this location , where I thought it might be(possibly old location)

C:/Users/uername-nonadmin/AppData/Roaming/Pioneer/rekordbox/rekordbox.xml 

this file does not exist. anyone able to assist here in being able to get back this info?

tim waller

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

8 commentaires

Yeah, different paths would certainly be why this happened... but the XML file itself is not the reason.

Let's clarify ... do you currently have TWO user accounts, and which one had the database?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

my non admin account had the database. but I am struggling to find out how I can link this to the newly installed version.

my admin account was used to install/update the latest version.

tim waller 0 votes

So which account are you using to run the software?

Pulse 0 votes

so I use the non-Admin account to run the software.

The admin account was only used for the upgrade to 6.0.1 as permissions would not allow me to update using my non admin account.

Is there a way of importing back in the collection/playlists user settings etc?

tim waller 0 votes

Open this file:

C:\Users\non-admin\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox6\rekordbox3.settings

Find these lines:

<VALUE name="pioneerDirectory" 
<VALUE name="masterDbDirectory"

...and check the path in the VAL; they should point to:

C:/Users/non-admin/AppData/Roaming/Pioneer/rekordbox

You may also check the same file in:

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox6\rekordbox3.settings

You can force it to look for database the non-admin path.

Pulse 0 votes

this has not helped.  I have edited the file in

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox6\rekordbox3.settings

to now point to  C:/Users/non-admin/AppData/Roaming/Pioneer/rekordbox as suggested.

I don't think this would be the issue, as I am running the program as the non admin user, so surely it would not be picking up the admin user data?

is it possible to do a remote session with someone, or potentially, remove the software install it again and try installing as non admin account?

what location are the files I want to keep that hold all this information that I can backup before I make any changes?

tim waller 0 votes

i believe the issue is that the master DB and playlists have been overwritten since the update took place as the master DB file seems to be the default 1368kb in size. I can see that a backup I took some weeks back , the master DB file is much bigger, which shows this file will grow with use.

even the master.backup DB file is the same size under both profiles, so it seems to be, all data is overwritten and I have lost absolutely everything(other than my physical music files).

This has lost me hours and hours worth of working creating playlists over the past week or so. is there any way that this file or the data might be somewhere for me to retrieve?

tim waller 0 votes