Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Browser knob problem on DDJ-400 & Rekordbox

Hi Pioneer DJ team,

I'm having a problem with the Browser Knob on my DDJ-400 + Rekordbox 6.

Sometimes it doesn't respond for one or two clicks when turning. 
Other times it jumps like 10+ tracks instead of highlighting the next or previous one (depending if I turn left or right). 

Not sure if its laggy electronics/midi or if its a software issue (tried on two different computers, one is a high end machine, but the problem is the same).

The knob looks fine, no wobbling, getting loose, or anything.

Its terrible when I'm in a hurry (mixing live on the spot) and I can't be accurate when selecting a track or folder. I have to try 3 and 4 times in order to highlight the track or folder I wish to select! 

Also, I'm having this problem for many months now and I'm not sure if it started in a past update... I know it was not a big of a deal back then, but its getting on my nerves right know, especially when playing for other ppl. 

Please advise!

Thanks,
Nuno

Nuno

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

Hello, 

I have the same problem with my DDJ 400 + Rekordbox 5.8.5

is it a hardware or software issue ?

any Update please ?

Mehdi Baddy 1 vote
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

It seems that many people have this annoying problem (found it mentioned on other forums)

Sadly they didn't addressed this yet! And the highlight/jumping problem doesn't happen when I use the mouse wheel to browse. So I think it's really a software issue, not hardware.

EDIT: The problem doesn't come from the knob because I tested the midi parameters/response from the knob (DDJ 400) using a MIDI software tester.

Nuno 0 votes

If it doesn't happen using the mouse wheel that mean that the problem come from the knob , no? so hardware ?

I tried installing olds versions (5.4.0, 5.5.0, 5.6.1) of rekordbox and it seem that with 5.4.0 there is less problem, but still have some slight glitch (one tracks jump).

Mehdi Baddy 0 votes

hi i got the same problem with ver.6 i got jumpes up or down 10 tracks...this really sux where can i get a version like 5.4 ? thanks

Flausn 0 votes