Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

1 abonné S’abonner

20 MOST NEEDET FUNCTION IN REKORDBOX 6 (Update 09.6.2020)

I am using Rekordbox sind 3 years, bevore i use Traktor many years ago. Also i use Serato DJ for my Routines. I work with rekordbox EVDERY DAY 4-6h for training and teaching new djs. I think i know what about iam talking.

HERE ARE THE MOST MISSING FEAUTURES IN REKORDBOX 6:

1. CUE POINT JUMP / (not FLIP)
Serato has Flip and this function is a realy important function. A lot of tracks are to long and you need to jump to other cue points ore create Cue Jumps for Showtime. But if you have a TRIGGER Function (also without programming like flip) it helps a lot. So there are 2 NEW Cue Colors (GREY & WHITE) and if the Track Postion comes to Cue GREY, automaticly it jumps to Cue WHITE. The Trigger Cues are not normaly Cue Points, so you have still your 8 ore Cue 16 Pads. The TRIGGER Cue are maybe the same like a Memory Cue. 

1.1 SERATO Flip
A lot of user wait for this feaure - so please please please add it, its very very helpull

2. LOAD Sampler to a loaded Deck with extra SHIFT

Its very bad live on stage, if you need a mouse to load off a loaded Sampler Pad. At the moment, its not possible to load a Sampler into a loaded Pad; you must edid the Pad with the mouse, to load a new sampler with SHIFT. The NEW function is, to overwrite the Pad with SHIFT+HOLD (2sec) the Pad and then the new sample will load to the deck. 

3. SAVE Sample Banks
If Traktor User change to rekordbox they miss the Remix Deck - great Sampler Function in Traktor. Also the option to SAVE the Remix Deck and if you need it in your Playlist, you can load it when ever you need it. Rekordbox is missing this function and its not possible to save the Sample Banks. Please - this is very very important.

4. SYNC Samples Release Mode
Its only possible to Sync Samples in Loop Mode, but not in Release Mode - very bad to handle that. Its possible, and you see it in Traktor Remix Decks. Please add this option, becouse it gives youe more creative options.

5. SAMPLE Roll (like DJM-S9)
Missing this function a long time and did not understand, wy its only possible with a DJM-S9 Mixer? Its not possible with Pioneer Controller and ALSO not possible with the Market DJ Flagship Controller DDJ-XP2. So please add this option to roll the Samples.

6. USER MODE with PADS (like Serato)
I think i dont have to wrote here a lot, becouse everyone know what the USER MODE in Serato DJ is. A lot of DJs waiting for this - hope it will come.

7. Edit ACT Sensor with more function
This is a must function, becouse in rekordbox you can edit a lot of things (Pad, Midi, FX..) but the ACT Sensor not. Itr will give the DJS more creative options. 

8. Bigger Track VIEW
You have the "VIEW" Mode to find your tracks, so in the vertical Mode, you see the Tracks very very bad. In 2 Deck mode its the most bad view. So it will help with a bigger Deck view an smaller Browser View, to play creative. I wait a long time for this, but.... Hope it will come

9. Better TRACK Position Marker
The Track Marker is to transparent and in a Club its very bad to aee the correct position of the track. As in Serato, there is also a little Marker under the track to see where the postion is. So the Position Marker must be bigger and more fat and not transparent.

10. BIGGER DECK NUMBER
In Traktor and Serato the Deck Number is more more bigger then in rekordbox. In a dark club you could not see the Deck Number and a lot of time, mistakes are happen. So please make the Number more bigger then now.

11. WICH DECK IS ACTIVE? // 4 Deck Mode
Its the same problem with the Deck Number and the Track Position. On a small Screen (Macbook 13") and dark room and 4b decks, you could not see wich deck is activate, becouse the BLUE LINES they are around the decks are to small. So it will help a lot, if this lines are bigger and more shine

12. ABLETON LINK as MIDI Activate
In TRANSPORT Mode on the PADs (like DDJ-XP2) its not possible to activate the Ableton Link - its only possibel with a Keyboard Shortcut. The Pioneer Support tell me weeks ago, they will fix it, but in the new Version 6.0.1 its still not possible. So please ad this to the MIDI Function.

13. Highlight CUE LOOP
If you have a lot of loops in your track, its very bad to check, witch Cue Loop is active (see foto). It will help a lot if the active Cue Loop will complete highlight maybe 30% transparent with the Cue loop color

14. SERATO FLIP (read below)

15. BIGGER DECK VIEW
As you see in the Deck View (4 DECK) (this is a 16" Macbook!) the Information on the decks are defently to small (Cue information, Speed usw usw). So PLEASE make it bigger - there is a lot of space avaible.

SO I HOPE A LOT OF PREKORDBOX USER WILL COMMENT THIS AND ALSO I HOPE THAT PIONEER REACT TO THIS BIG POST AND WILL ADD A LOT OF THIS NEEDED FUNCTION.

Thx for reading

Lion

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

and also......

13 SERATO Flip
A lot of user wait for this feaure - so please please please add it, its very very helpull

Lion 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

15. BIGGER DECK VIEW
As you see in the Deck View (4 DECK) (this is a 16" Macbook!) the Information on the decks are defently to small (Cue information, Speed usw usw). So PLEASE make it bigger - there is a lot of space avaible.

Here is a picture how it looks (its a correct distance camera setting) with 4 decks - it not possibe to read and see all needed information of decks, filter ore others

Lion 1 vote

19. SAMPLER ONE SHOT SYNC
This is one of the part i dont understand - becouse any other DJ Software make it possible.

The sample has a perfect 4 Bar Beatgrid, but its not possible to Sync a one Shot - WY? Its absolutly bad to change a sample to "LOOP" that works in Sync. But you have to manually stop very fast the Loop after Mixing, and if you have one sample to start and one sample in Loop to stop - its very very bad. 

Lion 1 vote