Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Unable to record set - control vynil

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have searched for this topic to no avail.

My set up:

Laptop + RekordBox

DJM450 mixer

Interface2

Technics 1210s + Pioneer control vinyl's

I'm in performance mode. I want to start to be able to create mixes using both internal files from my catalogue but also the control vinyl's.

When in INT mode, the record monitor widget doesn't even register the sound.

When in ABSOLUTE mode, I get a recording of the control vinyl tone.

Can somebody please help?!

Thanks in advance!

r

Rando Répondu

Commentaire officiel

@Rando > Have you followed the setup guide here?

Please note that is for rekordbox 5; for rekordbox 6, you can skip the key activation.

The DJM input setting should be USB, not the phono. Also check that the input selection on the DJM-450 Setting Utility App has the Mixer Output options set to Control Tone PHONO for each channel.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I'm a little confused. So, everything has been set up correctly in that I am already able to use the control vinyls to play music from my library via RB.

As I'm using Interface2, it the manual states the following:

"For turntable users: Select [PHONO] for the input selector switch of the audio interface. Connect the turntables to the input terminals of the audio interface."

i.e. not USB as you suggested above. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Also, I'm not aware of the DJM-450 Setting Utility App and couldn't find it by googling. I did however, install the latest drivers and the run the latest firmware upgrade.

Still, back to where I was :(

Rando 0 votes

I just realised that there is an Interface Setting Utility in the RB Preferences under Audio - is that what you meant? That has already been set to USB it would appear.

Rando 0 votes

@Rando > Here's why you can't record... you're using an IF2; that device's purpose is to convert the DVS timecode from the turntable into an audio signal from rekordbox which is output to the mixer. The audio is mixed on that mixer, so in order to record the mix, you'll need another audio interface or recording device connected to the master output of that mixer (or if the mixer itself has an audio interface, you could use that in another audio application).

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for this. So I connected the DJM to the laptop but the minute it connects, i get no more sound - I guess that's because I can't record via the same laptop that I'm running RekordBox on?

If that's the case, can you recommend how I can do this? i.e. what product I can use to record? Also, if my master is going to another device does that then mean i get no sound from the mixer?

Super confused on how to set this up. It would be so ideal if there was specific guidance on this.

Rando 0 votes