Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

"An Error occurred while exporting"

Hi,

I'm trying to export to a USB via sync manager, but I keep receiving a the error message "An Error occurred while exporting". I cannot find any logs of this, it seems it used to be logged in rekordbox 5 in the documents folder, but none for 6... I was running 6 and Had the issue and it is still present on the 6.0.1 beta. Checking my USB via rekordbox, it shows 2560 tracks synced but I have 2576 in my collection.... none of the files are missing, so I am not sure why it is running into an issue with these 16 tracks?

Callum Wilson Répondu

Commentaire officiel

You'll need to look through your collection for any songs that don't show the proper analysis indicators. I was chatting with one of our demo DJs the other day and he was having this exact issue. After narrowing down the tracks within playlists, he found that the songs that were causing the export to stop were missing beatgrid analysis, even though he had done them before, and they all showed the new 3Band waveform.

Please see if you are able to narrow down which tracks are failing, then run a new analysis on only those songs.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

Upon a new sync, it failed at 831 tracks.... Why is there no logging feature? I feel like that should be in every single program, otherwise everyone is just guessing whats causing it

Callum Wilson 0 votes

There is a log, but only for tracks that didn't export on a completed export - if the export fails due to another issue, there is no logfile created otherwise they'd be huge!

Pulse 0 votes

I mean... that's exactly what is happening. 16 of my tracks are not exporting. There is no way a logfile would be "huge" if it was just for the whole export... I'm at a loss here.

Callum Wilson 0 votes

Sorry, the only solution for now is to narrow it down by exporting only a handful of songs at a time to find the ones which fail to export.

Pulse 0 votes

Well as it turns out, the 16 tracks were an issue of mine (those 16 weren't in my playlists so they didn't sync) but I'm still receiving the error. I can restart the sync after the error and repeat that about 3 times and eventually it syncs fully. So it's not an issue with any of my tracks I assume.

Also suggesting I manually search through 2.6k tracks to find one with an issue is a bit silly do you not think? the software REALLY needs logging features for errors... kinda basic for software I thought. 

Callum Wilson 0 votes