Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

XDJ-XZ with Interface 2 compatibility

Hello Pioneer team,

I'm looking to add the Interface 2 to my setup and connect the unit to my XDJ-XZ, and control Rekordbox with both the XDJ-XZ built in players (channels 1-2 or 3-4) PLUS the two turntables and control vinyl (channels 3-4 or 1-2).  Is it possible to do this, or will Rekordbox get confused?  If it is possible, what limitations might there be? 

Josh Bornstein

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

Hey Josh,

The XDJ-XZ supports DVS, are you leaning to the IF2 as a way of including hardware unlock instead of paying for the subscription? Because you could simply connect the IF2 and use the XZ for DVS or phono input on channels 3/4.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I didn't realize the XZ supported DVS already.  I'm on Rekordbox 5 and don't want to upgrade to 6 or pay for a subscription as I don't have a need for that.

I simply want to have my turntables on each side of my XZ, use the internal players on 1/2 and the turntables on 3/4.  When I switch the deck to 3/4 I can still browse all songs, etc, using the on-board menu / buttons, load the song, then use my turntables to ontrol the songs in Rekordbox and the XZ screen will show the waveform.  Is this possible?

Josh Bornstein 0 votes

Even on 5, you'd need to pay for a DVS plus-pack, but unfortunately we don't sell them any more -- an IF2 may still come with one (as they were likely packaged when rekordbox 5 was still available), so you could purchase the IF2 and get the license, then have the device for if / when you upgrade to rekordbox 6 (no subscription required).

Yes, you would e able to use the XZ to manipulate the pads and other functions for the DVS deck.

Pulse 0 votes