Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ 400 - Problem with audio on headphones (cue)

Hi!

I am the proud owner of a new Pioneer DDJ-400 for use with recordbox. I made my purchase yesterday and plugged it into my Mac computer (Catalina OS version 10.15.5). I cannot get any audio to come through my headphones plugged into the DDJ-400, which makes cueing impossible. The knobs and levels are in the right places.

Most often, when I first plug in the DDJ-400 and headphones for the first time I get no audio through the headphones at all. Often times when I remove the DDJ-400 via USB from my computer and plug it in again, I am able to hear audio through my headphones and cue for approximately 2-3 minutes before the audio all of a sudden disappears without an explanation and the cue audio no longer works. There is no problem with hearing master audio from my computer speakers; it is only the headphones that do not work.

Below is a screenshot of my audio settings within recordbox. 

This is clearly an issue which other people have had before, but after perusing these forums and the internet at large I have yet to find a satisfactory solution. Does anyone know what is going on? Perhaps it is a driver problem? I have not installed any specific drivers, but from what I understand the DDJ-400 does not require one when plugged in to a Mac. 

Thanks for the help!

Ivan

Ivan Alexander Adamic

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

Update: After playing around with settings for a few hours, I decided to try using the controller and software on my laptop instead of my Imac (also a Mac, also Catalina OS version 10.15.5). The headphones work perfectly on there. This is a problem which I then have only when using the DDJ-400 and recordbox on an Imac, for some reason.

Ivan Alexander Adamic 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Check that the DDJ-400 is not selected as the default output device for the system audio or notification sounds.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien