Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Restoring from mobile library to computer?

Hi,

I've had a big computer error that had me locked out, unable to boot so I reinstalled windows. I was told my files would be left intact but it deleted my library file with no way to get it back from my hard drive (no it wasn't in windows.old folder)

Anyway I've just realised I synced my library to my phone so maybe I can recover it that way? Is this possible? I still have all the track files on my hard drive. 

Is it possible to make the library file on my phone the one the PC uses or extract it somehow? Whenever I connect via wifi it just asks if I want to erase the phone data, no way to even see the playlists/files in the dropdown as it thinks it's a different computer after the reinstall. Maybe with cloud sync? Or does that work just one way from pc to phone?

I know rekordbox needs an .edb file to restore and the library file on my phone is .pdb. Is there a way to convert between the 2?

This is my last chance otherwise I've lost about 7 years of music organisation.

Thanks

Marlon Morris

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

Curious to know if you've had luck with this. I tried the Dropbox integration feature with library sync and all that gave me were emptied playlists and a library that didn't sync from my laptop to my desktop. Did you find a way to export the phone's playlists to re-import them into your pc?

NoBoxNoLabel 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Never mind. The damn thing 'synced' my phone library too now and has now cleared out my playlists there as well.

NoBoxNoLabel 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien