Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-1000SRT - no audio driver

Hi.

I recently upgraded my Macbook Pro from Catalina to Big Sur (11.6) that I use for the controller (with firmware 1.05). Before the upgrade, Serato (I'm using 2.5.7) was working fine. Now I have a strange issue.
So, what I did - removed 1.0.0 drivers, upgraded the macOS, installed 3.0.0 drivers. After this, things got weird. The computer recognizes the controller, and I can see the USB device, run Serato, load & play tracks, but on the jog wheels, I only see - no audio driver message. What is going on here? Tried to reset the controller, removed & reinstalled the drivers, checked the permissions for the driver & kernel extension. Everything looks fine. Guys, please help; what can I check or do to get the fully functional controller back? Thanks!

Ales Paulovic

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

6 commentaires

I tried as described in the document at least three times. No luck. There are no disabled extensions or software.
I would expect that if there is something wrong with the drivers, the controller will not work at all, but for me, it works "partially." The same setup a "few hours" ago worked as expected.

Ales Paulovic 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I was a bit too fast & too happy. It got broken again. Through the console app on the mac, I see something wrong with the drivers or auto setup app. The controller was found in the Serato and then disappeared after a few seconds. Something is not quite right with this driver package. Could be some changes in the Big Sur 11.6.
Now I have two different problems that are repeating. One is no audio driver, and the second is that the auto setup for the controller crashes silently.

Ales Paulovic 0 votes

Alright, now I have a proper solution, but I don't know what caused this (Maybe the latest Big Sur 11.6 update, guys, please take a closer look).
Anyways, I found out that the kernel extension is not loaded on restart. The controller gets recognized, but then the connection to the audio driver is lost immediately. I had to load the extension manually, and it now works as expected!
So my solution is that whenever MBP is restarted, I run a terminal command to load the extension:

sudo kextload -b com.pioneerdj.driver.DDJ-1000SRTAudio

Ales Paulovic 0 votes

That was a problem from 11.4 and I'm hoping it hasn't returned in 11.6. It could be that there's something else in your system specifically preventing it from loading as we've not had a rash of users reporting this issue.

Pulse 0 votes