Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Recordings and cue files - track data missing on laptop

Hello.

When I record my mixing on my main PC, I get all the tracks I am mixing into the .CUE file that is in the same folder where the WAV recording is.

Very handy for me as I can drop it into Foobar 2000 and see the entire track list of the set I played.

Now when I do the same on my laptop that is aimed for gigs, there are no tracks listed inside the .CUE file.

How to make it happen and why doesn't it work the same way.

Hint: on laptop I am playing from an exported playlist, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Jakub Kinowski Répondu

Commentaire officiel

The hint is your answer; the rekordbox database from that computer can't pull the track data into the history from an export device, thus the absence of track data in the cue sheet. Sorry!

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

Thanks. Now what is the easiest/most convenient way so it can pull the track data and I get a .CUE file with tracks?

Jakub Kinowski 0 votes

@Jakub > There may be ways to do that using 3rd party tools to sniff the Pro DJ Link data, but we don't officially support that so you'd be on your own to figure it out. Sorry!

Pulse 0 votes

Ok, while I find working with files in Rekordbox very convoluted and NOT intuitive, I managed to find a way to pull the files from my USB drive into a local playlist and collection on the laptop.

This is the only way so everything works as expected. Playing tracks from the USB drive is always backed by many problems which are not explained.

Many problems that are pushing my 500GB SSD drive to become only a transport between my main PC and laptop. A cheap 128GB drive would be more than enough for this purpose in that case.

That defeats the purpose of me having bought the super-duper SSD (SanDisk Extreme) to store my music there and play directly from it.

This situation is perhaps the only true disappointment I have regarding Rekordbox.

Currently I am exporting tracks to the USB and then adding them to local playlist and collection on the laptop. I am learning to understand the surprising limitations of RB and have 1400 tracks analyzed and counting on the laptop. Thanks again.

Jakub Kinowski 0 votes