Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Hardware Unlock DVS Price on DDJ-1000 and XDJ-XZ.. seriously?

Hey,

I'd like to raise a point about the DVS feature on DDJ-1000 and XDJ-XZ.

In buying either of these top of the range units, we are in the 'hardware unlock' category. Meaning we don't need to pay monthly to use Performance Mode and some other useful things - which is nice we've just spent a lot of money on Pioneer equipment.

However, I've identified something that I think is really poor show on Pioneer - if you imagine that you're the one with this kit in this situation.

• I own a DDJ-1000 (soon to be XDJ-XZ)
  • I also have some old turntables.
  • But to play on DVS (an occasional bit of fun), I have to pay £9.99 forever. 

I've invested in the top-line Controller products which already unlock all the features minus this, so *just to use DVS* feels like £9.99 each and every month to continue using it is really bad value for money. 

I feel like this should be included in the Hardware Unlock at this level of product line. When you see it from the perspective of being a top-line customer using DVS (which old technology now), having paid so much money as a Pioneer customer, and already qualifying for hardware unlock performance mode for the Controller, there just isn't the £100 per year value there and it seems a bit off.

Furthermore, the DDJ-RZ (pretty much the 3+ year predecessor to the XDJ-XZ) actually gets DVS for free!

I'm fair and open minded when it comes to business and love what Pioneer is doing - but definitely feel being cornered here as a customer after being so heavily invested in Pioneer leaves a bad feeling and It would be great if you guys could look into changing this as I don't feel this is fair.

Nasser Répondu

Commentaire officiel

DVS functionality is supported on the XDJ-XZ, but it's not an included function, it's an upgrade option.

The DDJ-RZ included the DVS license in the box, it was not an add-on... but the DDJ-RZ also requires a computer to operate whereas the XDJ-XZ is a hybrid controller and stand-alone player.

If you would prefer not to pay monthly, you can connect a device providing hardware unlock, such as the DDJ-XP1, XP2. Not only do they act as a dongle to unlock DVS, they also provide additional control, and I've seen some XP1's listed on eBay for relatively low prices.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

10 commentaires

Thanks for the quick reply. I really think it should just be included guys. People are mostly using these controllers at home and have invested enough at this level. They don't need to be paying £100 per year after investing this much. Its not a £200 controller.

You have the capability to do it, and the XZ can operate basically just like the DDJ-RZ anyway as can the DDJ-1000 so it needs to be lined up to be fair and just.

I would appreciate it if you could look into changing it as it's only right for these customers.

Nasser 0 votes

I understand your point however it's not going to be included for free. Sorry.

Pulse 0 votes

That's a shame, it makes absolutely no sense to credit the older hardware with a free license and charge the new ones who are your top paying customers just to use DVS at home. Poor show guys.

Nasser 0 votes

As I said, the older controller had that function included - it's not like this was removed from the XDJ-XZ, it was never provided in the first place.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi,

We're so disappointed having just spent a fortune upgrading to 2 PLX-1000's, XDJ-XZ, Pioneer speakers and two sets of top end pioneer headphones that we now seem to be blocked from using the DVS feature.

Its totally ridiculous to have spent so much on high end equipment to then be forced into paying a monthly subscription to use the feature want. It was marketed as DVS Ready, which it clearly isn't ready because you've got to spend yet more money on a subscription.

Having spent so much on Pioneer kit over the last 10 years, we feel really let down by this penny pinching tactics and it has really dented our loyalty.

Not good at all. Next time we are upgrading we won't default to Pioneer.

:-(

KitKat 0 votes

Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry that you are disappointed by the additional cost - there are options which would make it a one-time expense (a hardware purchase, for example the DDJ-XP1 or XP2, or the Interface2) which would connect and unlock the DVS functionality, and in the case of the XP1/2, provide additional control over the software.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey, thanks so much for replying quickly, but having spend £5k+ on PioneerDJ kit only to be told be can't use it unless we pay more for a subscription really stings.

Not a fan anymore.

You've lost us.

:-(

KitKat 0 votes

I understand and sympathize, but you're not being told you can't use it -- that function (DVS) was never included with the XDJ-XZ. The hardware supports it, but in order to unlock that feature in the software, there is an additional cost. Think of it as Tesla selling you a car with the self-driving components already built-in to the car, but in order to use it, you need to pay additional for that.

Pulse 0 votes

Just jumping in on this thread to also express my disappointment, which I'm sure is shared by countless more. Especially with the re-release of the XZ in white, now would be the time to fix this. Like others, I can't believe I've spent around £3500 with pioneer to now be faced with a permanent £9.99 a month payment to unlock an already installed feature that comes in the box, with far cheaper pioneer equipment.

Ceiron Crowley-Jones 0 votes