Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

rekordbox 6.0.3 doesn’t link to CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2 however 5.8.5 runs flawlessly

I run rekordbox 5.8.5 in performance mode just fine when I connect my hardware setup (see below). I close rekordbox. Startup the new rekordbox 6.0.3 in performance mode, I click the link button on the CDJ and rotary dial to connect both CDJs just like before using the older version. Everything seems ok at this point. When I load a song on either deck it shows up on the rekordbox software just fine; however, it does not load on to the CDJ. I can’t get the new rekordbox to transfer songs to the CDJs. I had this issue since version 6.0.0 hoping that this newer version will fix it.

I repeated this with 2 very different laptops, and I keep getting the same problem.

Let me share my hardware

My PioneerDJ setup consists of 2 CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2 these are connected with an ethernet hub. I have a DDJ-XP1 connect directly to the laptop. A USB cable is plugged in port A on the mixer (top left) the other end is plugged directly to the USB port on the laptop.

Laptop1: Dell, Windows 10 ver. 2004, Intel i7, 1TB SSD drive, 8GB of memory

Laptop2: Dell, Windows 10 ver. 2004, Intel i7, 256GB SSD drive, 16GB of memory

TekEnergy

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

Are you8 running firmware version 1.85 on the players?  Also do the laptops have the latest service packs?

Jay 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Yes, 

the two CDJ-2000NXS2 Firmware ver. 1.85

DJM-900NXS2 Firmware ver. 2.07

Hope this helps

TekEnergy 0 votes

I just rechecked this morning and Windows Update says "you're up to date". No changes since my last posting.

TekEnergy 0 votes

If you are running with that hardware in PERFORMANCE mode, it requires a subscription, and it must be connected via USB, no ethernet cables.

If you want to use them in EXPORT mode, you can connect via either USB or ethernet and ensure your firewall has been configured to allow the traffic, but for USB you would need to install the link bridge driver.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse

I tried the connections with all USB and no Ethernet and it worked just fine in Performance mode. Thank you! That is a subtle difference not documented in the new version 6 of rekordbox (at least II haven’t seen it). Just for grins I tested using in the older version 5.8.5 and it worked great also.

For the record I have no need to “buy” a subscription license for rekordbox 6 since in my setup, as shown above, I have the DDJ-XP1.

TekEnergy 0 votes

@TekEnergy > Understood, I add the subscription blurb in case someone else stumbles upon this topic and skips over the details. ;)

Glad you got it working.

Pulse 0 votes