Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox 5 Last update is painful

Is there going to be a new update for Rekordbox 5 soon ? I don’t want to start paying for 6 and the latest version of 5 is awful.

It is constantly hanging, so slow and a lot of the times my usb exports are stopping during transfer. It feels like it has gone back 10 stages. What has happened ?

Andy Craig Répondu

Commentaire officiel

There will be no more updates released for rekordbox 5.

As @DJ Bass V says, most users find 5.8.5 is stable and just as reliable as any version before it. Please check your computer for viruses, malware, or other background tasks that may have crashed or consumed resources.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

@Andy Craig    There has to be a configuration issue with your laptop.  Specs not high enough, too much software loaded on your computer or too much running in background.  I say this because Rekordbox 5.8.5 is the smoothies running version of all.  I never have an issue it.  In my opinion, if you can't get ver 5.8.5 to run smooth... you've not ready for ver 6.

DJ Bass V 0 votes

My laptop runs perfectly Logic Pro, Pro Tools and Final Cut - plus Serato. 

The reality is that Rekordbox has always been an awful piece of software but we have been forced to use it to connect with the CDJ's. It has always been slow and unresponsive, and this is nothing to do with my laptop specs.

In Logic there is never a delay when changing from one track to another - in Rekordbox if you try to create an intelligent playlist it always thinks for a while, Nothing happens instantly. To delete a track you get the spinning beachball - you cant even see the tracks inside a folder all together - why not make that available so u can edit all tracks in a folder not just a playlist. When you play with the computer it is never as tight on the mixing as it is on the CDJ. That just shows how the software is not so stable. If you scroll too fast it has to think, if you try to jump between folders quickly it thinks. Nothing in it is instant and i genuinely find 5.85 worse than the others for this. It has been hanging on my exports - i guess cos it finds certain tracks corrupt - but the tracks arent corupt and all play fine. 

This is the same when I use it alone, or with a controller or connected to the CDJ's Nexus2. Any DJ worth his salt will tell you the same thing. It is just a really slow, unresponsive program when compared to top software like Logic, Final Cut or Pro Tools. And even Serato. Yes they might be different types of programmes but they are still extremely processor heavy and work very smoothly. I wouldnt even want to upgrade to version 6 to pay for something monthly that has proven to be to be so poor over the last 4 years or so.

Sort out the bugs and the stability and maybe you will get more people on board.

Andy Craig 0 votes

Thank you for your feedback, we will pass it to our rekordbox team.

Pulse 0 votes