Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox 5 DVS licence - buy outright option

Hi,

I'm looking to get the timecoded vinyl to link with rekordbox, but see that I need the DVS plugin to do this. From old posts, it looks like that could be bought as a one off cost, but the only option I can see when I try and buy a licence is the monthly payment option. Does anyone know how you can buy the licence outright? I don't want ongoing costs to have this service as I want to pay for it in one hit. I have a ddj-rr by the way in case that makes any odds to this query.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Kirk Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Hey Dan,

Unfortunately the rekordbox 5 plus-packs are no longer available for sale, only rekordbox 6 subscriptions. If you were to purchase a license second-hand, then you could still activate it. The other option would be to purchase a new or used DDJ-SP1, SP2 or Interface2 which would allow you to use the DDJ-RR for the timecode input and mixing and they would unlock the DVS functionality of rekordbox 6 without the need for a subscription.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

Hi Pulse,

Many thanks for getting back to me there. Frustrating I can't buy a rekordbox 5 DVS licence outright. I'll see if anyone is willing to sell me an old DVS licence so I can get things running. Will check out those extra bits of kit too if that falls through.

Out of interest, will my DDJ-RR work with rekordbox 6 straight off, or would I need to buy a new subscription for that too? I only bought recordbox 5 around 12 months ago after buying my DDJ-RR secondhand, so don't want to fork out for an ongoing subscription for that.

Cheers

Dan Kirk 0 votes

I asked a similar question the other day and Pulse and Blake kindly offered some advice. I ended up looking on Facebook Marketplace for a Rekordbox 5 DVS license and bought one from somebody in New York for AU$75. Someone in Dallas has one, but he wants cash only, and there are two people in Colombia (I looked all over the world lol). On eBay someone from Alabama just sold a DDJ-XP1 for about AU$175, and shipping was about AU$60. That'd be the cheapest option for DVS on Rekordbox 6, but there are no others for sale as far as i can see.

david king 0 votes

Many thanks for getting back to me with those replies. Very handy info to know. Will weigh up the best option on the DVS licence - it's looking like the second-hand XP1 or similar may be the easiest option.

Dan Kirk 0 votes