Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Move Database to New Computer Without Relocating

Hi,  Have two Windows 10 laptops (primary and backup) running Rekordbox 6.  Both have an exact copy of my music files including identical folder structure (H:\Music) so I only backed up the database without music files from the primary laptop. Therefore,  when I imported the database to the backup laptop I expected the files to be readily available without the need to relocate. Yet, after the import rekordbox on the backup is the computer is showing the file location as (C::\Music) I do not want to use relocate if I don’t have to as this could take a full day. Is my expectation wrong, and I must use relocated regardless, even if the file structures of the two computers are exactly the same? I believe I was able to do this in the past

Thanks

Steve Austin Répondu

Commentaire officiel

My recommendation would be to manually assign the same drive letter to each computer for that drive, so when it's connected it's always the same (M: for example), then no relocation is required any time as rekordbox will always look for the files and database at the same place.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

I reported the same problem to support with every version since RB6 was released. I restore my library from another computer with tracks on E:. I have had to perform auto relocate every time i update my library. 15K files relocate takes about 20 minutes.

They need to fix this.

DJ Joel 0 votes

Pulse,

Both of my computers are setup with E: as the folder location for all my tracks. When you restore a database, RB6 sets the location as C: everytime, not E: like it should. Relocation is then required to reset all tracks. This worked properly in RB5 and has failed in all versions of RB6.

DJ Joel 0 votes

Looks like our engineers are aware of this bug and are working to correct it. Sorry about that guys!

Pulse 0 votes