Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Recordbox cloud deleted my files

I upgraded to use Cloud Sync when Rekordbox 6 came out. I am starting to regret it, although thankfully I have a backup.

I first noticed when previewing tracks that some tracks with different names have identical audio data, even though they were remixes that are not the same. For example:

This isn't right....so I went and looked in the file explorer and discovered to my horror that in Dropbox, the filenames had been truncated. Both files started with "Planetary Assault Systems - Surface Noise (" and it cut off after that. What ended up was just one file linked to both entries in the library, with the other totally gone:

Before I did the cloud sync, they were different files:

I double checked and it is *not* Dropbox that is doing this.

I found from searching that there is some kind of inherent 255 character path limit when exporting to USB. This is pretty unacceptable if it also applies to the cloud sync, with music files simply getting discarded. As it stands cloud sync is unusable for me.

Andrew Boie

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

Dear Sir,

Could you please update the latest version of rekordbox 603?

This issue was fixed on ver602.

Thanks,

Kanta 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

That's good to know, thanks. I have updated but I think the damage is done as these tracks are missing and all the filenames are truncated in Dropbox.

I have a backup of my collection before this happened, but not my Rekordbox database. Unfortunately I need to salvage my star ratings on my tracks.

Why was the export function removed in Rekordbox 6? Why are the database files encrypted? I could write some Python to salvage my star ratings if I could get an XML export or open the SQLite database but I am unable to do either...is there anything I can do here??

Andrew Boie 0 votes

Hey Andrew,

I understand that the problem was filename truncation when the files were moved to Dropbox - my recommendation would be to use a 3rd party software tool to rename the tracks from the metadata, that way no recovery is necessary and all the star ratings in rekordbox would remain intact.

For Windows, I recommend Tag & Rename.

Pulse 0 votes

> I understand that the problem was filename truncation

That is NOT the problem. I don't actually care what the filenames are.

The problem is that in my 6.x library, some subset of my tracks in the database are associated with the *wrong* audio files. Such as the above example where both mixes of "Surface Noise" point to the same audio file, with the other file simply gone. This library is essentially corrupted.

Also if I use a third-party tool to rename my audio files won't that break the database even more, since presumably the database associates its entires in SQLite to the actual audio file on disk using the filename?

Andrew Boie 0 votes

Andrew,

Yes - exactly, and this occurred due to the filename truncation. This was corrected in the most recent update.

If you use the renaming tool, you can then point the songs to the correct files manually. No, it won't associate each track if you manually point them to the correct file.

Pulse 0 votes