Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-1000 Beat FX Issue

Hey all, 

I've just noticed that after the latest Rekordbox (now on v6.1.0) update the Beat FX on my DDJ-1000 seems to stop engaging after a short time. Normally I will leave the Beat FX button engaged (flashing) during a mix and turn the effect selection knob or channel knob to change what I want and then just use the level/depth knob to bring the FX in. But now, even if the light is flashing the FX will sometimes not come on (even though the light is flashing) unless I press the on/off button again.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Any suggestions? It's been quite annoying as I'll expect the effect to come in but then nothing will happen at a fairly pivotal moment of the mix.

Cheers

Graham Ruffles Répondu

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

10 commentaires

Thank you for posting this.

I am experiencing the same issue with DDJ-1000 after the latest Rekordbox update, very annoying.

Hope it will be fixed in the next release and rekordbox team will improve its testing phase. 

Stan 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Does this occur after you've loaded another track or within the same track you've already engaged the FX?

Pulse 0 votes

From what I can see it occurs for both situations. Whether I remain on the FX on the same channel it will work for a little while and then suddenly not work a a few seconds later, or if I switch the channel selector to a different channel it will sometimes work, but if there haven't been any FX used for a short time it just stops working. The only way to get it going again is to turn the FX off and then on again using the button. It was working fine before the last update. 

Graham Ruffles 0 votes

From myself I can add that it also stops working if I switch FX selector to any other effect while FX engage button remains ON (flashing). So I always have to re-engage FX (OFF then ON) after FX selection. But in general, the issue occurs exactly the same as Graham described. 

Stan 0 votes

Well, I was hoping the latest update would fix the issue but it still persists. I have noticed that it seems to be the 'trans' effect that is causing the most issue. It seems like I can maintain the effects being engaged if I stay on one side of the 'trans' effect, e.g. I can switch between low cut echo, echo, MT delay, spiral & reverb and haven't noticed the issue. But if the knob gets to 'trans' (either through selecting it or passing it to get to the effects on the other side), then 9 times out of 10 it disengages the effect button (although it continues to flash) and won't re-engage unless I press the button off and then on.

It'd be great to get some update on this as it's absolutely killing my flow and has just destroyed a number of streamed sets to the point that I don't enjoy playing at the moment.  

Graham Ruffles 0 votes

Is anyone from Pioneer actually around at the moment? 

Graham Ruffles 0 votes

Wanted to add to this too, I had to record a mix last weekend which I needed to redo multiple times due this bug killing some transitions. You can verify if the effect is actually on by looking at the FX button in Rekordbox on your laptop, but the blinking indicator on the controller is completely unreliable.

Christian Castaneda 0 votes

So, it's pretty clear that this issue is not just due to my controller messing up, and others are having the same experience, and it's completely ruining mixes/livestreams/performances. Where are you Pioneer? One reply asking a question, which was responded to and then silence??

What's the point of having a support forum if no one from the company is actually reading it??

Graham Ruffles 0 votes

I recommend you guys create a ticket using the link:

https://rekordbox.com/en/support/contact/
(button 'Make an Inquiry' on the page)

I made one few days ago, filled the form and described the issue, also send them a link to this topic, PioneerDJ replied quickly and asked me to provide with a video showing the issue and also send them a system report from MacOS.

Currently Im on the trip and unable to do it till weekend.
Hope making Inquiry will speed up the fix of the bug.

Stan 0 votes