Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-1000 & Big Sur

I'm done with Pioneer.  I'm also done with you guys showing some resellers list of products that don't work with Big Sur as if that absolves you of your responsibility to keep your products updated.  I now have 3K worth of non class-compliant junk.  All because I needed a new laptop and got an M1.  Before someone suggests that I should have bought an ALREADY obsolete Intel Mac - Just Stop.  

The RC for Big Sur has been out for over 6 weeks.  The Developer Transition Kit has been available since June including the Silicon Dev Kit.  It's Pioneers choice to build non class-compliant hardware and hold us hostage with every release.  You could take the route that RANE and Denon have and better engineer your products form the beginning.  I'm sure you have a few extra dollars of profit, but we get to suffer from your inability to stay on top of new OS's.  Yeah I know..."one time Apple screwed us".  Get a better story and get ahead of the development timeframe or build products that are class-compliant and don't require crappy drivers.   My 1000 and S-9 and going up for sale.   I'll replace with RANE and Denon and advise everyone to do the same.

DJ Mista P Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Nobody said posting the list of other manufacturers also not recommending updating absolves us of providing updated drivers - that was a point to illustrate that the industry as a whole has not yet completed the task of migrating to the latest OS. Just because Apple says there's a new OS coming doesn't mean everyone will be ready on day one, even if we had been working on compatibility during the beta (and who's to say we weren't?)

You're welcome to move to another brand, but don't be surprised when Denon says the same thing about updating. Rane too. And if you're planning on using that hardware with Serato, you'll want to read this as well.

We're all in the same boat, so your patience is appreciated.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

3 commentaires

Is already January 2021, when can we expect the update? in the forum you mentioned late December (hopefully you were referring to December 2020).

Thanks

Andrés Moncaleano 0 votes

Pioneer's defensive tone concerning failing their customers is quite appalling. All these complaints can't be invalid!!! I have a paper weight of a $1300 equipment all because I bought a new computer. Big Sur was in beta!!! What was Pioneer doing all that while?? A company at the magnitude that is Pioneer should be unprepared and then victim blame their customers for daring to complain about your lack of consistency. I'm on month 3 without a working machine!!! FIX IT!

Benga O 0 votes