Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox Big Sur DDJ 1000

Updating to Big Sur has made the DDJ 1000 non reliable and so buggy

1) There is random crackling sounds

2) The display on the DDJ1000 seems incorrect, delayed, laggy and random, making it completely useless

3) The performance is so random

I used to try a  workaround to restart the laptop and it would fix it temporarily, but very frustrating cause the behavior is not consistent .

I am sure the team is working on the patch/update/fix, but I must say the non availability of a target date really doesn’t help. If it has to take a year, so be it, but being informed would definitely help! Even a temporary work around should help in the meanwhile.

I read so many other customers complaining and I must confess the response from Pioneer Official sounds a tad bit arrogant and aggressive which is not a good customer experience, Pioneer has to understand that people have spend big sums of money to buy the product expecting an excellent product, and if it doesn't work it is frustrating.

Some empathy can go a long way! Arrogance has led to the fall of so many brands and companies!

Kunal Gondalia Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Unfortunately, per the news announcement updated on December 22nd, we still do not recommend users upgrade to Big Sur at this time, as we have not yet verified compatibility for our products. As you can see from this list, we aren’t the only ones still in the process of validating our software and drivers.

There are two options available for most users:

1) Wait until the updated drivers are released. We expect the validation to be completed soon but do not have a timeline available. Any driver updates will be released as they are completed.

2) Downgrade your computer to Catalina. The problem with this option is it's a destructive downgrade requiring the formatting of your drive. There are instructions available online for backing up your user data, then installing Catalina and restoring the data, but we are not responsible for that process. This is not an option for users with the new Apple M1 CPUs as Catalina will not work on those computers.

Please watch our social media channels and news page for announcements.

Thank you for your patience,

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

7 commentaires

I totally understand you. I'm avoiding to complain just because I live in Italy and my DJ work is totally blocked since October.
But you're definitely right! The lack of informations about a Big Sur compatible Release is irritating. It doesn't hit me personally, but even the new version for M1 systems is so much needed and I'm thrilled to see how much power and flexibility DJ software and Hardware are going to gain.

SIMON 1 vote

"I read so many other customers complaining and I must confess the response from Pioneer Official sounds a tad bit arrogant and aggressive which is not a good customer experience, Pioneer has to understand that people have spend big sums of money to buy the product expecting an excellent product, and if it doesn't work it is frustrating."

True.

Btw, the ddj1000 has never been 100% well and they have not done their part to fix the faults it has. In fact, it has been since October 2019 without updating or fix whatever. And seen the forum, it has many, but they do not care. It's disappointing.

Alberto G 1 vote

True, but I'm not talking about big sur, only ddj1000. Don't care the OS, in catalina has a lot of bugs and things to fix or upgrade but Pioneer don't care about the ddj1000 since year and a half ago.

Alberto G 0 votes

@Simon Lucky you... but for me its been a troublesome experience, cause the thing that gave me pleasure has suddenly become stressful :D As for M1 too I feel Pioneer being the leader and club standard and all, should be more proactive and quick. As people want to update to newer stuff, and its new era that we live in where technology is moving at a very rapid pace!

@Alberto I wish I had known about it before... would have avoided investing in the DDJ1000. Hope Pioneer wakes up and listens to the customers! Specially now that Softwares and apps are becoming powerful and the need of a console may not be very essential.

@Ves The communication I am referring to is for when the fix will be available, more over I don't think everyone would be following the announcement on the forums or websites. As for the unwritten rule, perhaps maybe, I am sure all Pioneer customers are not complete professionals and would not be following that rule. 

Kunal Gondalia 0 votes

@ves you're spending time defending pioneer which makes me wonder if you work for pioneer. @Alberto you are right, Pioneer's response has been arrogant, very defensive! People's livelihoods are at stake because Pioneer missed the bar and instead of taking responsibility for failing their customers, they've been victim blaming in their responses to all the numerous complaints. 

Benga O 0 votes