Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

Pioneer WHERE IS THE LATE DECEMBER PROMISED UPDATE?!

Pioneer's defensive tone concerning failing their customers is quite appalling. All these complaints can't be invalid!!! I have a paper weight of a $1300 equipment all because I bought a new computer. Big Sur was in beta!!! What was Pioneer doing all that while?? A company at the magnitude that is Pioneer should be unprepared and then victim blame their customers for daring to complain about your lack of consistency. I'm on month 3 without a working machine!!! FIX IT!

Benga O Répondu

Commentaire officiel

I'm sorry guys, we're not the only ones in this situation - as you can see from this list, we aren’t the only ones still in the process of validating our software and drivers.

I'll note that we never promised delivery of the update in December; that was the anticipated date, but we've been delayed and thus removed the date from the news announcement.

We appreciate your patience - we're all in the same boat.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

9 commentaires

I couldn't agree more. Love it also when they blame Apple. Apple has been supporting developers 6-8 months prior to releases. Most seem to ignore these... and end result is the customer's to blame cause they bought a new product? Common Pioneer. I got a DDJ-1000SRT sitting around gathering dust.. You better have a driver that works with Big Sur and new Apple Silicon chipset in the next few days. START KEEPING YOUR PROMISES!

Raffi Gharibian 0 votes

Addition to my post above: Why dont you make all your product compliant devices like the DDJ-SX which dont need drivers...

Raffi Gharibian 0 votes

I'm genuinely trying to be patient and understanding, I made a similar post yesterday in hopes someone may have a solution to install the drivers, there is no solution. So just like both of you, I too have a $1300 paperweight (which is actually what I've been calling it). It's been since November for me as well.

I'm mostly frustrated with the lack of clarity/communication. I continue to see the same response to that as well, their update on 12/22. Which proves my point anyways-there would be something the end of December, then their status update on the 22nd was simply we're still working on it. No timeline, no additional details. I'd rather be told it'll take another x amount of weeks instead of left in the dark hoping it will be soon.

And the responses we get from Pioneer in here are equally discouraging. They're all defensive responses and/or put the blame on us for not knowing how to handle this. I've seen "no one's forcing you to stay with Pioneer..." or  "there's an unspoken 3 month rule..." and "I'm a DJ and I didn't update...". I recently switched over from Virtual DJ and these issues did not exist with their software. I'm not saying I'm going to switch back because I prefer Rekordbox, but I had never encountered these issues with them, so I didn't know.

Now I have my DDJ-1000 with no ability to reinstall the audio driver because Pioneer's installer crashes every time. I am disappointed to say the very least. 

Kenneth Luce 0 votes

Good luck, it was exactly the same last year with false updates through Nov/Dec and the drivers (XDJ1000MK2 / DJM750MK2) for Catalina didn't arrive until February. The tone from Pioneer isn't very helpful, just shifting the blame to the end users who pay them the money. Not the best way to provide customer service.

For anyone not on an M1 chip, you can create a partition boot drive with Big Sur (without reformatting) and install Catalina on it as I had to upgrade for development work. It's really annoying but nothing else we can do 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Olliek 0 votes

If you are so desperate to get your unit working (for some reason when everywhere is closed and live events are non-existent), why not try the this work-around: Borrow (from a friend or relative) or purchase a used Mac (with an older OSX version than Big Sur) or Windows PC.  If you truly rely on having your DJ gear to do gigs to generate needed income, then having a backup Mac or PC is a must.

PS 0 votes

Well I'm pretty sure people are in lockdown and would like to use their controllers/equipment at home, and not everyone can afford multiple computers right now.

Olliek 0 votes

Lockdowns/quarantines are irrelevant since I livestream my mixing, and I know I'm definitely not the only one doing this. And going out and buying another Mac for this purpose is simply ridiculous. 

Kenneth Luce 0 votes

Olliek, thank you for suggesting the partition. I don't have the M1, so I'm working on this right now. 

Kenneth Luce 0 votes