Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-1000 Headphone Output

Hey, where can I find the specifications for the DDJ-1000 headphone output? I noticed some hiss on lower impedence in-ears & other efficient headphones (AKG K371) and want to make sure to not buy in-ears/headphones that don't work well with the DDJ-1000.

In general I feel like the headphone out doesn't sound very good compared to my Motu M2. There are also some distortion levels in the treble region. Are my ears deceiving me or can anyone confirm that?

til36 Répondu

Commentaire officiel

I use Sensaphonic D2 IEMs (19ohm impedance) and have no problem driving them with the DDJ-1000, ditto the 32ohm HDJ-X10's.

You may find that the headphone amplifier is not as clear as that of your M2, but that's to be expected as the focus on sound quality is put toward the master output.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

5 commentaires

Interesting. I tried using my Fiio FH3 (24ohm) that I got today and there's a really annoying high pitched buzzing sound going on. Even my Xiaomi Mi A2 lite and my very old motherboard DAC (ALC 668) don't produce anything like that.

Of course I can get them all loud enough with the DDJ-1000, but the background noise is pretty bad.

Am I expecting too much from a 1000$ controller?

edit: I've now seen similar complains about this issue & apparently the headphone output uses a similar circuit as the DJM-750MK2.

As far as I remember my budget CCA C10 (32ohm) didn't produce such a high pitched noise on the DDJ-400, but I sold that unit so I can't compare.

edit 2: I tried alot of things again, touched pretty much all the knobs, faders, switched USB, changed rooms, changed from laptop to desktop to other laptop, changed headphones.

It seems that the annoying high pitched noise only appears on the right side of my lower impedance headphones (CCA C10, AKG K371, Fiio FH3). The Sennheiser HD25, HD558, Fidelio X2HR don't produce that noise - these are less sensitive by quite a margin.

The high pitched noise has nothing to do with the expected white noise hiss. I'm used to the hissing, heck I'm using Kali LP-6 - I have quite the tolerance for this.

So either the DDJ-1000 is not made for very sensitive headphones or I have a faulty unit. I cannot explain this otherwise.

til36 0 votes

Question... does it do it only when connected via USB or does that noise disappear if you disconnect the USB cable?

Pulse 0 votes

Noise does not disappear when I unplug the USB connection. I really tried alot of things. As soon as the controler gets power (no USB) the noise appears. I also tried 2 different power outlets just to make sure. Tried different USB cables too, but by then I already checked if it persists without USB at all.

til36 0 votes