Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

9 abonnés S’abonner

DJM-S11 not saving FX bank parameters

DJM-S11 on fw 1.03

Software is Serato DJ Pro 2.4.3

Settings are being reset after a power cycle every time. I made a video to show the issue in better detail.

https://youtu.be/RlbI_uurmqc

Jeremy Mantele

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

15 commentaires

Hey Jeremy,

If you make the changes in the utility and EXIT, it should save between power cycles.

Pulse -1 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Thanks for getting back to me. I was able to solve my issue. On the mixer settings in "other settings" there an option for PC utility off or on. Mine was set to off. I switched it to on and was able to save my settings. 

Jeremy Mantele 0 votes

Ah, there ya go - I guess mine was on by default so I didn't think of that!

Pulse 0 votes

Hello @pulse

HNY

I'm having an issue whereby after a few days the mixer forgets the settings again. Not sure if this is related to the memory leak thing.

• I only use it with Serato DJ and I have the 1.03 utility.
  • I dial in my mixer preferences as normal using the Utility menu on my Mac running Catalina.
  • I save to desired banks
  • Do a power cycle everything is fine
  • Days later even with use, i will notice on powering up that all the settings were gone again despite being connected to the laptop. Back to square one again

Any ideas?

Marv 0 votes

Hey Marv,

Here's what our DJM-S11 expert said:

"If this happens the user just needs to recall the bank. If the settings were saved in the utility, it just means that sometimes it doesn’t grab the settings initially (but will grab them if you recall the bank). It’s basically that it is supposed to grab your bank A as the default but doesn’t always."

Pulse 0 votes

I didn't notice that since I had my DJM-S11-SE, but I still have this problem.

Firmware is up to date.

I managed my FX ( for the bank A first ).

I check the PC utility "on" on the mixer.

I clicked on bank B then bank A like you suggest before.

I quit the utility.

I restart the mixer.

And nothing.

According to me, without the computer, you can manage FX, check PC utility "on", restart and have FX, isn't it ?

The DJM-909 made this perfectly 15 years ago....

Leo OLIVE 0 votes

I've got the exact same problem. I have tried saving in the mixer settings and in the seperate utility app. Both disappear when the mixer is powered back on. "PC utility" either ON or OFF problem still persists. Pioneer please help. I've seen many people with this issue. Such a great mixer but this bug needs to sorted out please.

DJ KRuZe 0 votes

If this happens the user just needs to recall the bank. If the settings were saved in the utility, it just means that sometimes it doesn’t grab the settings initially (but will grab them if you recall the bank). It’s basically that it is supposed to grab your bank A as the default but doesn’t always."

This does not work all the time, the desktop/laptop utility also forgets the settings.

Its a huge inconvenience having to dial in the settings again all the time.

PS

the fonts on the Mac Big Sur utility menu is still unreadable as logged in another thread

Marv 0 votes

I am having the same exact problem with my DJM-S11. No matter what I do, PC Utility on or off, after powering the mixer off and then back on all FX Bank parameters are reset to default. It's very frustrating having to set up the FX Bank again with each power cycle. Any solutions?

Peejay C 0 votes

I've had a break through.

In my previous installs of the S11 driver once it was installed it would leave a Hard drive icon on my desktop named S11_M_1.00 which I would through in the trash can straight away, thinking it wasn't meant to be there.

So I went through and installed the driver but not deleting this icon, and it's all working now 100%.

This must have been the part of the computer that syncs the mixer with the utility app, saving all the data.

I've even restarted my laptop several times now and this is all working perfectly. My crossfader and loop options along with all the FX settings including smooth echo, are being recalled.

Now when turn my mixer on and plug it into my laptop, the utility app launches automatically, before it wasn't doing this.

This l really was a simple fix that was over something I completely glanced over.

DJ KRuZe 0 votes

So I went through and installed the driver but not deleting this icon, and it's all working now 100%.

Just give it a few days, the utility app on mac will start up and it will be back to default. All the banks will be empty

Marv 0 votes

Like I said before, I don't have the problem when I connect the mixer to the computer, in this situation there is the utility starting and my parameters are here AND in the mixer.

It's just I don't get why the mixer doesn't remember all those parameters when you mix without your computer, like the DJM-909 15 years later. It has too, it's logical. You shouldn't re-configure 13 x 4 FXs banks ( 12 FXs + one filter ) each time you power the mixer, it's insane...

Leo OLIVE 0 votes

I've figured out what the issue is on a Mac. Make sure to go to Settings>Security & Privacy, and on "Allow apps downloaded from:" allow the "Pioneer Corporation..." (I forgot exactly what it says), and it will request to restart the laptop to complete. Once you do that, every time you plug in the DJM-S11 to the laptop it will automatically launch the DJM-S11 Setting Utility and apply your settings, including the parameters for Smooth Echo.

Now, one thing to note is that if you're using the mixer as standalone (not plugged into your laptop), you must manually set up your FX parameters every time you power on the mixer because they will always reset to default which is quite frustrating. Even if you plug the mixer into the laptop and the DJM-S11 Setting Utility kicks in and apply your settings as soon as you unplug the USB cable the settings reset to default. Is there any way to change this behavior?

Peejay C 0 votes

Just picked up my S11 mixer and the same thing is still happening! What is wrong with your engineers Pulse? Why would you make so many options for the FX and need to set it up every single time you power on the mixer?
It makes no sense.
You guys basically made this mixer a big pain to use in standalone mode.
having to constantly setup the FX and all the parameters every time you turn it on is crazy

Good job…

DJ Aluzion 0 votes

Will this issue while using the Mixer without Serato be fixed in a future Firmware update? BTW last firmware update was 2 years ago. Pretty long time if you ask me...

Martin Milles 0 votes