Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

Driver is not installing on Mac Big Sur!

Hi,
I'm having some issues with my DDJ-1000....

The docks display is not showing the waveform sometimes and it's too slow with responding to tempo changes, play/pause, and all display functions, despite that all the mentioned above are in time on computer. I tried a lot of things like changing the buffer size, USB-port, connect and disconnect charger, and finally I tried to reinstall the driver (Version 1.00). so I succeeded with deinstalling the driver but unfortunately I couldn't install it anymore! (please see picture) ... I probably have to mention that I updated my mac yesterday to Big Sur and I think the problem is with Mac's new software because I didn't have all of mentioned issues before updating... 
Hope you have a quick solution. Thanks in advance!
Sincerely

Rasheed Albainy Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Sorry, per the news release here, we are not recommending users upgrade to Big Sur at this time. We are in the process of updating and validating our drivers for compatibility, and expect them to be completed soon. Please watch our news page or social media channels for updates.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

8 commentaires

I have the same problem with my newly bought DDJ-800. When can one expect an update of the driver ???

Oliver Koelzig 1 vote

Sorry, not timeline yet - "late December" is the estimate.

Pulse 0 votes

@kirk, maybe next year.

@pioneer You promised in the middle of this month, now you claim by the end of the month. Totally frivolous from a company we trusted. If you are not able to develop the software on time, please provide the ability to develop open source drivers and firmware.

Nikola Paradzik 0 votes

@pioneer You promised in the middle of this month, now you claim by the end of the month. Totally frivolous from a company we trusted. If you are not able to develop the software on time, please provide the ability to develop open source drivers and firmware.

Going from one minor itteration to another is hard enough, but this is a big leap for anyone.

Not only should it just work, but it also need to work with rosetta and also work with all the new "under the hood" inprovements all major operating systems bring.

Making that happen is bloody hard, especially as Big Sur has a huge amount of under the hood changes. They might've sorted some problems easily enough, but these fixes can and will generate other problems further down the in the code. These then have to  be fixed, these fixes then create other problems, and so on until it's all fixed.

Now we all know 2020 has brought a unique set of issues, and I'm sure the programmers at RB have also had their fair share of at work and at home issues.

Give them a break, let them fix it, it'll come when it's ready.

DJ-Daz 0 votes

I understand what you mean. I am currently rewriting the code which must be compatible with the new framework and os. I think there was plenty of time to prepare for the changes while Big Sur was in beta.

Nikola Paradzik 0 votes

I'm sorry Daz, but the announcement made on November 10th said "late December," it never changed.

We apologize that it's not yet available and thank you for your patience.

Pulse 0 votes