Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner
0
Avatar

Big Sur 11.2 Release

Hey everyone, since Pioneer won't provide a release date or really any info other than "it's coming", I did some digging based off of what was said by a Pioneer on a previous post that said, "Apple made changes in Big Sur that broke some audio and MIDI things for a lot of manufacturers, which is why we're not the only ones who haven't released an update. We know there is a fix coming from their end, and we've tested stuff on our end to know it will address the problem, we just don't have a release date."

The Big Sur 11.2 update has entered beta testing 4 days ago for devs and those enrolled in the beta program. Apple has not provided a release date for the update, but it is quoted as being "imminent". 

Hopefully this will provide all of us with a little more clarity since Pioneer won't do that. And hopefully this fixes the issues so many of us are having.

Here's the link: https://www.gottabemobile.com/macos-big-sur-release-date-tips-tricks/

Kenneth Luce Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Avatar

If we announce a date, you get angry when we miss it because of things beyond our control. If we don't, you get angry that we aren't saying when it will be available.

It's a lose-lose situation.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

8 commentaires

0
Avatar

I'm as frustrated as anyone, not only do I have a DDJ 1000, I also have a brand new M1 mac mini and an old windows PC that I could sell but can't until this issue is sorted.

But you can't blame Pioneer for the lack of clarity, I'm sure they have the fix for the drivers we all need, but they can't release, guarantee, or clarify dates until the patch comes from another company, this one called Apple.

Pioneer probably could release the patch we need right now, but for all we know it could make things worse until Apple patch Big Sur.

DJ-Daz 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
1
Avatar

I've got the DDJ-1000 as well, and until I downloaded and installed Catalina on a 2nd hard drive, it was collecting dust. 

It would be nice if they simply said, "Hey we know it's taking a long time, and we apologize. We're ready on our end, once Apple releases they're upcoming 11.2 update we should be good to go. We don't have a release date for the 11.2 update but that's what we're hoping for." 

There, they should hire me in their PR dept.

Kenneth Luce 1 vote
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
1
Avatar

Instead of having to dig through other posts in here to find that info, they could pin it to the top instead of seeing Catalina updates from 2 years ago.

Kenneth Luce 1 vote
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
0
Avatar

We can't officially say that we were waiting on Apple.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
0
Avatar

Unpinned those posts -- I never browse the sections so I totally missed that those were still pinned!

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
0
Avatar

is there any possibility to get a pre release version of the update like a beta or something just so the people like me who cant roll back and haven't been able to use there £1000 controllers for the past few months have something that might make it better. 

If its going to be much longer im just gonna have to bite the bullet and go to a standalone all in one like the prime 4 just so i can dj again.

Stevie Purcell 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
0
Avatar

@Stevie > Sorry, per above - we're waiting on Apple and no updates will be made available until after their release.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien