Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ SX3 Platter Issue

I am unable to use the vinyl function of the controller without also using another hand to touch the metal surface of the controller. Any ideas about what's happening here?

Ethan Munnings

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

3 commentaires

Sounds like a grounding issue to me - please try disconnecting the power supply on your laptop. If it functions then, you could try changing the wiring to have everything connected to the same power strip.

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

You are indeed correct. I am happy to say that after a bit of research I was able to find that this issue is not isolated to my controller or the sx3 controller for that matter. There are multiple instances of various controllers with the same behavior.

This issue is caused when a speaker that is not correctly grounded is plugged into the output of the controller. 

Initially, I was using some cheap monitors which connected via RCA and had no ground prong on the plug. Once I would have connected my QSC k12.2 using an XLR cable, my issue went away completely. 

I hope this helps someone else.

Ethan Munnings 0 votes

Ethan - awesome, glad to hear you were able to locate the source and it's now working! :)

Pulse 0 votes