Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

11 follower Segui

Pioneer DJ CDJ2000NXS2 VS.Denon DJ SC5000 NOW WHAT ?

I think pioneer's time is coming to an end the Denon sc5000 can do everything the CDJ can plus more, it can play 2 tracks on 1 player so 2 decks can be used as 4 without having to buy 4 decks,and Akai got the MPC x and MPC Live for the toraiz,this is killing me after spending so much $$$ on the cdj's,toraiz,decksavers,and flight case.

PIONEER PLEASE UPDATE THESE UNITS !!

Jova Con risposta

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

40 commenti

I wonder if pioneer has something in plan like a cdj 3000 which will have more layers, performance pads, etc to compete with the prime series. For me I’m happy with the Cdjs cause I don’t need more for my setups. Two jogs, cue and got cues and that’s all I need. I also playing with Traktor and there are of course more posssibilities but I don’t need this staff maybe because I’m too old school.

Tobias 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

They probably will get rid of the cd deck on the next flagship giving room for other features,im thinking that wont happen until 2020 or something the nxs2 are not that old yet and people who just bought wont spend more or sell just yet,at least i wont.

Jova 0 voti

I have so much stuff now, im sure the next thing i'll buy instead of a NXS3 is a new sportscar instead. That way i get what i want. To shell out 2000$ just to get mp3 support like on a CDJ 1000 mk3 is not enough.

Especially when you look at the hardware and all the bugs that eventually creep up on you. There are features that would be so simple to resolve. But because many of us are "nobuddys" they don't put any effort into fixing them. Just look at the Toraiz, Do i need to say more? its much more important to invite and give the "headliners" what they want. The guys that play the heavy stuff, like say 35-50 tracks in a prearranged set. 

That NEVER look or uses the other features on a mixer or a deck. Most of them just play, pause and pitch. Maybe loop if its quantized and easy to use the same go for the echo and delay.

And i feel the evolution gets even worse while time passes.

Well, i skipped my purchase on the DJS 1000, i got something else instead.

/Mdb

Martin db 0 voti

@Martin_db: I couldn't disagree more with you.

The CDJ lineup was never intended to be packed with performance capabilities. They are media players with a basic, well thought through set of features, but fast, sturdy and rugged units that can survive the harsh environment of booth wars.

PioneerDJ has always listened to their customers and users, and worked closely with the many great minds out there. Pioneer DJ cater to the professionals, those who take DJing and music presentation seriously. They know the players, the DJs, the producers, the venues, the clubs - and they take a bunch of the feedback with them to sales, marketing and RnD. But will you be able to influence Pioneer DJ by writing angry posts here on the forum? No.

And let's take a moment to look at the Toriaz. The specifications (and limitations) and capabilities of the Toriaz SP-16 was available at time of launch, with a roadmap to new features being added later on shortly after. To buy the unit, and then be displeased with it's "lack of features" is simply a lack of research on your end. That is hardly Pioneer DJs fault. The SP-16 has received a tremendous amount of acclaim for it's performance and features. Does that mean that it fits everyone? Probably not. Is it a DAW? Certainly not. It is a performance tool that caters to specific needs in the booth and the studio - not a generic "solves anything" magic box.

Tord Forland 0 voti

@Tord. Wow,not too be funny but i never read a story so long of complete nonsense and ignorance,90% of what you wrote makes 0 sense,how can you say a $2,200 unit was never meant for performance or features,what woulld be the point then,for that i just plugin my phone play a set,these premium priced units can't be just for looks,it has to be for everything and they must have great performance,looks and no flaws for the price,so now i would like to read a story saying why would you pay such a price for a cd player that was not meant for all you said but yet on most advertizing videos that is all they talk about, performance features and how it suposedly handles.

Jova 0 voti

@Pulse; Feel free to step in here at any time and translate what I just wrote to a language that perhaps Jova understands.

Tord Forland 0 voti

I think if we going to post let's get real,I hate to read politics,I give credit where credit is do & not to what looks to be a defense,the units are good I have had them since day 1,they are better than the Denon imo,don't get me wrong these NXS2 players are probably the most I like out of the whole lineup and actually the whole set I have,Toraiz's and DJS included but to say that these units are not intended to be packed with performance capabilities,doesn't fit well on the forum,it contradicts everything Pioneer advertises,1 big selling point of any item not just the unit in question,is looks features and price,as a business person I can tell you that,what attracts a buyer? Definitely NOT what you said and then ask someone else to step in and try to sell it.

1-People look at the item and if it looks nice they will look further into it just like picking up a chick at the club or somewhere.

2-What features does it have? What is interesting ? What can it do?Does it fit my needs?

3-Ok,now comes the selling part if you agreed with all the above then the BIG question is,how much will it set me back & can I afford it.

NOT,Hey Pulse, can you step in and try to explain this to Jova or translate to see if he will understand & buy. If you trying to convince or sell do it effectively not the way your posting,You make it seem as if we were cheated off these units because they weren't meant for what is advertised in mostly all of the videos, is my point.

Jova 0 voti

Guys – Calm down.

What Tord is saying, at time of purchase you will get what is announced / supported at this time. You decide if you buy or not. Only you.

Blaming PioneerDJ for things they do not add down the road is not fair. if you don‘t like what is supported don‘t buy or wait until something is Released which matches your needs. Are you complaining that a Computer you purchased is outdated half a year later? That every year there is a new. Smartphone?

Just my 2 cent 

Frank Richter 0 voti

@ Frank,I don't think that's what the conversation is about, but now that you mention adding features down the road on a unit, that topic would fit the Toraiz SP-16 better,who's fault is that? The buyers?Getting real people not complaining, we buy what we want but don't say you have gold on your videos but then when we buy and open the box it's actually silver.Not saying anything about the CDJ's, that is only about the Toraiz SP-16,I 'm not complaining about the CDJ's and I already complained about the SP-16 like many users so I won't even mention anything else about the SP-16 until June when the firmware supposed come out .

Jova 0 voti

@Jova.

I can‘t talk about the SP-16. My comments were mostly about the CDJ. As the discussion was starting with it.

Maybe I should have stated that. I cannot judge if PioneerDJ was creating wrong eexpectations with the SP-16

Frank Richter 0 voti