Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

First gen cdj-2000 Master Tempo sound quality

Wil there ever be an firmware update to fix the master tempo glitch in the first generation cdj-2000?
I've heard different players after the new firmware update and it seems alot better, cant notice it anymore on CDJ-900nxs and first gen XDJ-1000

Sick

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

14 commenti

"master tempo glitch"

What is this?  Can you link to other references or examples?

Reticuli 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

In some songs there is a small pop/click sound when the kick hits becouse MT is turned on. Its not on every song but as a sound quality fanatic its anoying when it can be heard, I've deleted mixes with that sound popping so i got no examnples atm. Its a well known issue. Try Stepan Bodzin - Wir at 120bpm or lower, using USB playing the mp3 file

Sick 0 voti

Its like a smal delay, just milliseconds, sounds like there is a doubble kick...

Sick 0 voti

I doubt the first gen 900 and 2000 will get that kind of update.  You mean like the kick is just broken up when key locked and pitch way down?  That's completely normal on strait-forward non-interpolation key/pitch change.  The newer units have more guts and can handle the more advanced types.  The more processing intensive ones might do that less, but are hogs and tend to have other sonic anomalies.  There's no perfect way to do it, though if you keep it within 6% range, it's not as bad.  Just think of it as a mild bit crusher effect ;-P  Best I ever heard as far as sound quality and low processing usage tradeoffs was an Elliot Marx technique at Numark that was particularly transparent in the positive pitch when locked with very little processing involved.  He also let you lock to non-zero pitch or go up or down in like note increments.  Guy's a DSP genius, like Griswold was with food additives!

Reticuli 1 voto

We are not aware of any such glitch.  Could you please shoot a video of this occurring and post it here?  Thank you.

Mark Gallo 0 voti

Here is 2 videos using MT (master tempo) and tempo reset on/off to demonstrate the kick faulty sound that seem to have been fixed on newer models resently with the newest firmware

It happens without looping aswell so it got nothing to do with the loop function

The orginal tempo is 124bpm, It shows in the display, and i dont go to far off before it can be heard

https://youtu.be/Frb0xw3N15Q sound test

https://youtu.be/hDB9-cRW8hE Sound test 2

Orginal song: https://soundcloud.com/stephanbodzin/wir

I've bought the song from Traxsource and Beatport and redownloaded becouse i was thinking there was a faulty mp3 but its not.

I've heard the same sound same song on older firmware versions of the cdj-900nxs and first gen xdj-1000, I have not heard it after the newest firmware updates on eighter players.(cdj-900nxs and xdj-1000) It also seems better on the cdj-2000nxs but cant confirm becouse i don't have access to those players at the moment.

Sick 0 voti

I've passed this up to our product team to see if they will be able to address it. Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 1 voto

I got the same problem. Its only on the cdj 2000 in master tempo and when it is difference in the bpm. When you play the same track in rekordbox you can't hear it. Its like a double click/drum beat. Its like the master tempo is lagging.

DJ Sitar 0 voti

This is typically only something that's noticeable at higher pitch deltas. As noted above, the master tempo algorithm certainly has improved, but any atrifacting was definitely tolerable within 6%.

Pulse 0 voti

It happend to me at 124bmp with master tempo and the track was 128bmp.

DJ Sitar 0 voti

What firmware version was on the CDJ? This was already addressed in one firmware update:

Ver.4.10 (16 January, 2012 Update) 
Improved sound quality and stability when playing with MASTER TEMPO on.

Pulse 0 voti