Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

How do I use external speakers with my controller and rekordbox?

Hi,

When I set up rekordbox for the first time a few weeks ago I selected my master output to be my laptop speakers. I now need to change this and use my own set of speakers but when I connect them to the controller (Pioneer DDJ-RB) the sound still comes out of the laptop. I'm using a MacBook if that helps.

I have gone through the audio settings in rekordbox itself and it gives me no option to change my output, it only has 2 options - Output 1 & Output 2. Everything is connected properly as far as I can tell. 

I can't use headphones with it either but I just assumed this was because the master output is set as my laptop speakers.

Thanks for any help and if more info is needed just ask

Kieran

Kieran Morrison Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

When you selected "internal speakers" it simply set the audio device to the Mac's default audio system. In the rekordbox audio preferences, change the audio device to DDJ-RB and away you go!

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

9 commenti

Thanks for the reply.

The only options I have in rekordbox's audio preferences is the built in output even when the RB is plugged in there is no option to use that as the audio device. Is there a way to uninstall and re-setup rekordbox? Can I deactivate my licence key then reactivate it and change the settings or would this cause me to lose my copy of rekordbox?

I've attached a screenshot of the settings to show what I mean. For the drop box in the pic there is only one option, then for the master outputs further down they only give output 1 and output 2 in the drop boxes.

Thanks for any help

Kieran Morrison 0 voti

Are you possibly using High Sierra? If so, did you disable the OS security before installing the drivers?

Pulse 0 voti

I am using High Sierra, not sure how I would go about disabling the security however? The drivers installed fine it seemed but still having this problem. 

Kieran Morrison 0 voti

Hi I am facing the same problem as above but when checking in OS security there is nothing that says 'allow Rekordbox' or anything similar - there is nothing there related (see below screenshot). How do I get the audio  to play through the speakers instead of my laptop? Speaker is Pioneer. 

Jennifer Jones 0 voti

@Jennifer > You need to install the drivers again (even if they're already installed), disable the security prompt that will appear ONLY after you've attempted a driver installation, then install the drivers again after that is disabled.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi there, my name is Amaan and i own a DDJ RR. i have been facing the same issue as above and was not able to find the driver for my current MAC OS MOJAVE (10.14.2).

My output is set to my laptop speakers currently. I have been using rekordbox for a while and never faced this problem. After i updated my mac software it automatically changed the output to my laptop speakers and i have no other option to change my outut in rekordbok.

Also i have no audio coming out of my headphones.

Amaan Shaikh 0 voti