Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

Is it possible to brick a unit while updating the firmware?

Say I were to update a CDJ-2000 NXS, but the unit would lose power during the actual update. Will this brick the unit? If so is there any way I can "unbrick" it or is the only possible way to fix this is to send it back in for repair?

Ivan Herrera Olivares Con risposta

Commento ufficiale

Unfortunately if you do have a power interruption with a firmware update, if the unit does not fall-back to an update mode, you would have to send it to our repair facilities to be re-flashed.

Your smartphone OS is a bit different in its function, but even those manufacturers don't recommend doing an update with a low battery.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

I am not a technical expert but what I learnt from nearly all manufacturers is that there is always a risk to update the firmware. Even if it might be small.

Don't think you will see an answer that there is absolutely no risk.

But wait for the official comment on this.. 

Frank Richter 0 voti

The reason I'm asking is because in the new smartphones, the 'update OS' is completely seperate of the actual OS so if something would go wrong you just reflash the firmware through the update OS without the phone being bricked. Maybe newer CDJ-models have some sort of similar system? 

Ivan Herrera Olivares 0 voti

It would be possible to implement such features in these products, but at the expense of higher prices and more complex software- and hardware integration.

Tord Forland 0 voti