Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

Cdj 2000 nexus 2 vs SC 5000

Who may I contact about a pretty big finding?
(Great news for Pioneer)

I'd also like to resubmit my request for gated cues.

Pioneer, are you listening?

Dave The One Mendez

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

29 commenti

cdj vs 5000? what did you find?

I have a 5000 and have been comparing them 

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

also very interested in your finding...got access to 5000s too ;-)

and yes...its about time to gate the cues! it's no big deal to implement this via firmware for pio :-)

Daniel Ventura 0 voti

We're listening, you can email me... pulse @ dj<that-first-part-again>.ca

Pulse 0 voti

Pulse I don't quite understand the email.  Are you a Pioneer employee?

Why can't we put emails in our profiles to communicate with each other or have a DM system in these forums? 

Anyway,

What's up guys?

I did make a video that isn't yet published but can be accessed by link. I just want to be fair in comparing the two units and was going to bring it up in a review video. They gotta be working on the issue. 

I can be honest in saying that although the CDJ 2000 NXS2's are short on a few features in comparison ("Gated Cues" being one) that it passes a very important test IMHO. I'm crossing my fingers that Pioneer gives us gated cues.  I would have bought a third deck if they did; we've asked quite a long time ago for this. 

Honestly the gated cues are the only reason i'm keeping the SC 5000; I found a solution to their glaring problem, honestly I can make a big case about it and maybe put a dent in the change your rider campaign.  Nobody's paying me here though and I spent a sh-tload of money on my nxs2 setup and the SC5000. 

Pioneer has a feather in their cap that they don't know about yet.

Maybe i'll post in a few days if I see Pioneer taking an interest. 

You can find some of my videos at youtube (davetheonemendez)

One reason I want the gated cues (I don't want to have to rely on my laptop/desktop) I actually hate using them for anything other than file management. 

A shame this feature has been overlooked, because now I can do this mix (below performed on the ddj 1 with the nxs2's) with the sc 5000 and it should be a cdj

https://youtu.be/n4T4qTJUnI4

Dave The One Mendez 0 voti

How many of you guys are using the DDJ SP1 standalone with your Nexus 2's? 

It's straight killer.  The DDJ SP1's pads are made for the ultimate "Get Down" and honestly without changing the ergonomics of the the nxs2's these pads are absolutely hands down better than the rubber chiclets on the SC 5000; which to be fair are very funtional and I can "Get Down" on but the DDJ SP1 hooked up to the CDJ's directly; brings a whole new dimension to playing standalone (no laptop)

I threw up a video almost a year ago and I've been getting comments asking how to hook this up for live use; it seems as though pioneer hasn't promoted the feature directly.

So I threw up a video in response to the people asking from the last video.

https://youtu.be/YP28pqxuS8Q

Also going to be mentioned as a plus for pioneer in my review video of the SC5000

Why Pioneer needs to give us 'gated cues' in a firmware update....

https://youtu.be/jrmuhSlniNQ

It adds another dimension for remixing on the spot. 

My goodness, let me hammer those pads on the DDJ SP1 with this same track and the "gated cue" feature. 

Pioneer....

With all due respect; I am trying to come back.

I've posted my feature requests for the Toraiz sp16 as well.  I also recently purchased an Akai MPC Live.  I want the Toraiz to succeed as well.  The design is spot on; 16 pads on the left. roland x0x style step sequencing, the touch screen; buttery filters. 

We need those multiple pad banks to be able to access more than 16 sounds per sequence/track.  Pad Layering (layering more than one sound per pad) Multi effects.

And some sort of support for external sample libraries.  Perhaps being able to load .nki sample format; rex file support; roland/akai/emu support. 

I see that you held off on an update and that ones coming later in the year.  I hope to see most of these features. 

Again, Pioneer, I purchased the nxs2 system and toraiz in the same year because I was banking on updates, serato hid support came as well as support for the djm 900nxs2 mixer; that was big.  One last time "Gated cues" Please! 

@Dave > Yes, I am, but I'm not posting that address here for all, sorry. I use my DJ address for that. I could get your address off your profile, but this isn't a "forum" software so the users can't private-message each-other.

All of your feedback is valid, and I would ask that you post the comments into the Product & Feature Suggestions section.

A lot of users want the gated hot cues as well, but it's remained a legacy function since the days of the CDJ-1000's. I hope they provide the option within the settings to choose either method.

Pulse 0 voti

a sp1 with rgb pads would be really cool in combination with the nxs2 rig :-)

Daniel Ventura 1 voto

@pioneer dj; Thank you!  I don't know why Pioneer is holding back on the gated cues. 

On the SC5000 it's something you set up on the Options screen, simple. 

More functionality with the ddj sp1 would also be welcome.  I honestly like all the cues available at once instead of having to switch over 4 at a time on the decks. 

Tested with two units from Sweetwater, reported to their engineers, to Denon (They know abut it) and Pioneer DJ Engineers/technicians have something built into the unit to prevent the noise/feedback from occurring no matter where the cdj 2000nxs2 is plugged in.

PS

Denon DJs Facebook page/group had a fit and took down the link to the video on their page.

One thing I cans say about pioneer is that they are professional and take the good with the bad in regards to critique and suggestions.

It's why many of us stick around even after being angry about features or suggestions not being addressed.

does this also happen when using spdif? would be very interesting :-)

Daniel Ventura 0 voti

I'll let you know later today; I have a djm 900nxs2 and an Rme ucx sound card with spdif connections that I can test with.

Wow - that's unfortunate. If I had to guess, I'd say it's because of their circuit / board design; there is a lack of isolation between the audio circuitry and the rest of the processing / display circuits, and what you're hearing is the interference. You can notice this on laptops with cheap or poorly isolated USB chipsets, audio devices connected to them will output background interference from other systems in the computer.

Pulse 0 voti

Pioneer DJ

First and foremost, sound matters. 

I appreciate the fact that this is something that I do not have to worry about with the CDJ's. 

What I do have to worry about however is not having  "Gated cues" and better integration with the ddj-sp1.  Those pads are better than the chiclets on both the cdj and sc5000 decks. 

Are Pioneer DJ listening?

From June 08, 2017 16:29, I quote myself:

"We're listening..."

Pulse 0 voti

Something happened and messed up the reply.  It's reading vertically.

Thanks, I don't know what happened man.  I was siked to have what I thought would be a prized setup but it's like whoa, nobodys listening.  I may not be as active or play in larger venues as the guys you have as poster boys but I did have the budget to buy this stuff to make mixtapes and practice for next weeks shows. 

Kudos to you guys if someone that spends 10k on your stuff and many others I see on here are an afterthought.  I don't want to believe that.  Shit; I've been with you guys since the CDJ 500's.  What happened?

You guys aren't an afterthought -- many suggestions become reality, others simply can't because of one reason or another. You were asking about gated hot cues, but look how long it took for us to get to a player that you didn't need to hit the REC button first! There's lots I'd love to see improved, and customer feedback is where we start. Don't get dissuaded because a different product comes out with a feature you wish you could have on your existing product, sometimes it's simply not possible to incorporate it into existing hardware.

Pulse 0 voti

Thought it was already there (your main cue above the start/stop does it).  

To clarify, this wasn't about a different product coming out with a feature I wish I could have had on my existing product.  We asked for this a year and a half ago shortly after the nxs2 was released.  Sounded like it was coming in a firmware update and it never came.  Then that new product came. 

Looking at that 1000 sampler/player.  IMO your R&D guys are blowing it, definitley with the Toraiz sp16 and then building it into a CDJ type deck.  You guys need to go back to basics; talk to some of the guys out in the street like myself and others on these forums. 

Did you know we have software, 4 plus-packs, 4 apps, 8 players, 2 turntables, 2 all-in-one systems, 10 mixers, 1 interface box, 12 controllers, 2 effects units, 2 production units, 7 monitor speakers, 5 PA speakers, and 10 different headphones in our product line? And that doesn't count accessories.

All of those products equals a lot of moving parts in the company for product research, planning, design, production, testing, distribution, marketing, sales, etc.

So I'm sorry your feature request didn't make it to realization; our focus is usually to squash bugs first, but even then (as you may have seen with the RX2), some bug squashing gets put on hold because a new product is already a good chunk of the way through the production pipeline and allocating resources to an older product can delay the new product.

They're not blowing anything - they're innovating.

Pulse 0 voti

I hope you can take it as much as you just dished it up above.  You guys need to listen.

This is exactly what I mean.  Pioneer selectively listens.  That feature request was wanted by many of us here as well as those of us hounding you on facebook.

With all due respect the pioneer djs1000 and ddj-xp1 solidified what I was in denial about. 

Pioneer has lost touch with the DJ and have gone off in the wrong direction, that is not innovation. Let's talk a few months from now, I guarantee you won't see this stuff in the dj booth.  How much room do you think there is?  Seriously who in the world are you talking to and why are these products seeing the light of day?  These things are heavy and bigger than the laptops your telling us to toss.  Did you ever stop to think that looking at one laptop screen beats looking at 4 cdj screens or two or three cdj screens and that mess that's on the djs1000?  Serato DJ or Rekordbox DJ on my laptop and the sample players any day over these.  Who's idea was it to make something bigger than the DDJ SP1.  Seriously!? umm a shift button or bank A, B, C, D could give you access to more pads.  16 pads on each side?  WTF?  I just don't get it man.  You guys need to hear this criticism.  Sorry if it's being taken the wrong way.  But Damn!

In regards to the list of products you mentioned:

Your 2 turntables,

2 effects units (which are very good but how many years has it been since they've come out?)

7 monitor speakers,

5 PA speakers and

10 different headphones require no additional manpower pulled from people responsible for the updates on your flagship players. 

What in the world are you guys doing?  You need to take a close look at what just came out and why long time users of pioneer are switching over.  They even updated their mixer with new effects via firmware update.  I'm still bugging out, looking over at my table, my cdjs are gone, it's like WTF. 

Yo seriously.  let's go back to 2004.  The technics sl-dz1200 had 4 sample pads built in to the deck that sampled up to 32 seconds.  2004!  How the hell did we end up here with a djs 1000? 

I'm pointing this out to you guys because I care about deejaying and DJ products that relate to "DJ's".

Please watch the video from 2004...Louie Vega and J-rock.  Listen to the features, listen to what they did using only the decks.  For goodness sake get back to basics.  

Please email me at davetheonemendez@gmail.com and let me know who I can call and scream at about all this and if you want someone that can give you ideas on your next cdj's and effects processors as well as your dj software.  I'll be waiting.  If not.  I guarantee you I'll get somebody else to listen; remember I switched over.  I'm still in shock about this switch myself.  That's not to down your competitors; there's a sliver of hope in me that somebody cares about what's being said in these forums.

Your assigned homework (technics sz1200 video with louie vega and j-roc from the beat junkies)

http://www.beatsloop.com/video/x1kjp9

in my opinion the rb integration in sc fw is total crap, as most sw/fw related things from denon.

- NO BEATGRIDS are taken over ...and the sc internal beatgrid routine and bpm detection is crap

- no proper folder/crate structure is taken over

- loops are not properly taken over

..just my 5cents..

Daniel Ventura 0 voti

@Dave > As I've said before, I pass along the comments made here and to me in person, at shows, and through my own discovery. I make recommendations to the product teams based on how important or urgent those ideas are (and I filter out many MANY horrible ideas that should never see the light of day). I'd love to have a discussion about this, but I simply don't have enough hours in the day. I'm here to also provide answers to DJs who have just begun their journey as a DJ, having dropped a mere $249 on a DDJ-RB and are having troubles with their drivers, through touring DJs, who may never pay a dime for the gear they use yet sell out multi-million-dollar shows, because they're having issues with exporting a track from rekordbox. I get the pleasure of helping everyone, and they all have ideas and feedback.

"I switched over."

Sorry, I didn't know this was a "one or the other" scenario. I know plenty of DJs whose setups consist of a variety of hardware. You're welcome to "come back" any time, and I won't hold it against you.

Pulse 0 voti