Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Pioneer not supporting lower end CDJ's

So Im not impressed with the fact pioneer thinks its ok for us who have cdj 850's or 350's or even 400's have to use traktor for full mapping of any kind. The 400 has HID for traktor yet nobody seems to care about the 2 other lower end models now they have a DVS system for 300 bucks come on. Ive been a pioneer DJ for over 15 years and this is how they treat a true pioneer heads. They just say buy a new 1 like the 2000' nexus , YA right as if I have 1000's of dollars coming out my backend. Plus the fact even with the new DVS system this is how they think it will help out us people that dont have a full on HID or midi mapped cdj. 

I already have traktor and serato so why 1 more. You would think an update to the cdj's in Q's would be so much nicer for us out here in the real world. 

In the end I'll always use cdj's but yet find myself not in the mood to spend a crap load of money on gear that stays at home and not used at gigs or shows.

nolan evans

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

How is Pioneer DJ not supporting the other CDJs, you mean with Traktor support?

Jay 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

No I mean in HID Mode for the 350 and the 850 for both traktor and RB. First off why have USB ports on the backend if all a person can do with the 350 or 850 is use the top usb port to transport the files and play it yet you dont get the features of the higherend models. If I use the usb stick in a 900 or higher I get the cue's and other features yet on the 350 and 850 you dont get a thing but a a couple features. In midi mode you see nothing on your screen but connect correct???

Yes it maybe cool to plug in the cdj's via back usb but when it is not going to be used to its fullest it is a disappoint.

HID is the way to go and it seems strange that 2 lower end models dont do this in RB or Traktor. The 400's do why they are traktor certified. 

Just a note , I have twins of the following models.

Old pair of 700's , old pait of 1000 mk2's pair of 350's , pair of 850's and I have 1 900. Only the 900 has all the features that can be used in RB or traktor or serato. So Ive been a pioneer Guy for a long time. I know the 350 and 850 are older models but unless it is a firmware update with a new rom why cant the 350 and 850 get HID mode for RB at least. Midi mapping is slower and will not always work

please tell me if im uniformed on this. As this is what ive experienced so far with these lower end decks.

nolan evans 0 voti

The issue often comes up that newer gear is set up to run on a higher level, it's usually a limitation of the hardware because they were not intended to run the newer software.  Midi mode does drop off the screen, but the 350 and 850 both will run Rekordbox DJ, did you not like the way they work with RBDJ?

Jay 0 voti

It is a MIDI MAP in RBDJ also , not an HID mode for both models correct??

Again the cdj 400 has a certified traktor and works in HID mode , yet IMPO the 850 a much better deck then the 400 should have the HID also and it seems not to. So this strange to me. All of these units first came out within what 3 years of each other if that. The 400 , the 350 and the 850 the 900 for that matter is now a old deck by new standards.  Pioneer wanted us to purchase newer gear for 1000's more then most of us have to spend in a years time. My collection of cdj's are from others who have either given up or have done upgrades just to find out the problems with HID and MIDI may not be worth it unless they spend 5 to 8 grand on all Nexus top gear. Again , DVS systems work ok with cdj's yet have limits , Ive found the top USB works anywhere anytime on any cdj's that has 1 and you can see all your info. So why even use the usb control on these decks.

The main reason why I posted this is at 49 I teach young people now how to DJ using turntables and older cdj's to start. and most want to at least start with usb computer control because this is what they know. And I have been trying to advice this group on what is the best to start with. Most young people dont have 1000's to drop and end up on a dvs why because it has been the stable for so long and this is what they hear. I would love to be able to have them have the lower end usb units from Pioneer and use them in HID yet this is not possible unless they purchase a 400 at least and even then is that in MIDI MAP on RBDJ or HID , for traktor you have HID. 

Thanks for the replies back , Nolan

nolan evans 0 voti