Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

DJM-2000 and Ableton Live

Hey Pioneers! 

I have tried to map my DJM-2000 to Ableton for a while now and I can't figure it out.

I just want to make a common mapping so that I can launch my session, change the volume and so on.

Everytime I map the mixer to example launch a scene it works great until I either quit the program or makes a new scene.

In the Midi Mapping in Ableton it says that the path is 'binded' to the specific scene. Example, '2-Kit-Carbon'.

What should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Alfe Hougaard Sletved

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

11 commenti

@Alfe > You need to save the session or it won't save the mapping; and unless you save it to the blank, default, template, it won't be saved with a new session.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Alright, but how do I save the session to a template - I'm pretty lost as you can hear...

I can only save it as a standard live set.

Thanks

Alfe Hougaard Sletved 0 voti

...And how do I edit the Midi Mapping path? I think that one of the problems is that Ableton is mapping the buttons from my mixer to a specific midi-instrument and not just the scene. Do you understand me?

Pionix, I found your very detailed thread very usefull, but my mappings are still not working...

First of all, as I wrote before, I successfully map the touchscreen as I want it to work, but when I create a new session or change the scenes, the mappings are erased. I don't know what I am doing wrong, because I remember to save the session before I change anything and when I close and re-open the session the mappings are still working, but it's only working with the specific scenes.

Another thing I found after I have read your guide, is that Ableton can't find the DJM-2000 ASIO Driver in the audio-options. Please note that I am working on a Mac. When I look in system preferences I have the DJM driver installed. I am very confused right now, and I really hope that you can help me with this one.

Thank you!

Alright. Now I have figured it out. I just had to save the session as a template as Pulse told me. I just couldn't find it, but it's found in the ableton preferences in file folder. There's just a little problem... Lets say that I have binded button 1 on the touchscreen to the first row (1 Audio). If I replace the row to lets say '5 Audio' my button 1 on the touchscreen triggers the 5. row... So the midi mapping is working as long as I am not replacing or moving anything.

The question is, can I do anything to fix this and how do I send the sound from Ableton through my DJM-2000?

Thanks

Oh, I got that one figured out too. I just had too boot my mac in 32 bit by holding 3 and 2 while starting. The only question I need an answer to is:

How do I map my controller so that it's "binded" to '1 Audio' "2 Audio' whether I rename or move or what ever I do?

Hi dudes, Where I find the ableton midi mapping for DJM2000 ?, thanks

Regards,}

Hector G.

Hector Gamboa 0 voti

@Hector > As everyone's use is different - configure it yourself!  It's not terribly difficult; enter MIDI mode, click the mouse on the item you want to configure, and press the button on the mixer.

Pulse 0 voti

agh, I am really disappointed in this, I had allen and heath and they provided a default template for ableton and DJM 200 no ? what a let down pioneer :(, at least make a tutorial for the easiest mapping, I can do it myself but it's pain in the #$$ if anyone wants to share their mapping please do so here thank you

tautis skorka 0 voti

Are there any plans for pioneer to offer some support for this in the future? (or am i wasting my time asking this question)

It is a shame that the feature is added to the mixer and not really supported in any way :(

Pulse did mention some time ago that he would be updating the 800 midi info docs that he has released and adding  this element of the mixer. ( any news on this pulse ? )

Nick Hilton 0 voti