Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

DJM-900 CH1 no signal

Hi,

I've been testing my new DJM with my TSP2 now and have some wierd problem which I can't quite explain, yet. (Mac driver 1.3, DJM900 Firmware 1.21) This problem was also present with driver 1.2.1.

When I turn on a DJM mixer and push a phono (timecode) signal on Phono inputs (Input selector in USB), only CH4 found a signal. CH1 was dead!

What I tried to do:

- I turn input selector on Phono, and again CH4 was normal, CH1 dead (nothing on VU meter, no sound).

- I try to switch Phono cabels (thinking, maybe something is wrong with one of my 12"), the same problem.

- I connect some line audio signal to Line input on CH1 and turn Input selector to CD/Line. Again no signal.

- Than I start to unpluging/pluging USB, DJM to reset device somehow, and after few tries, suddenly signal is back on CH1. WTF?!

After few days I plug my DJM again, tried to test it with new driver... And problem was here again. This time unpluging and so on didn't help. Than I tried to update firmware again. I did uppgrade procedure with same firmware as it already was on DJM (latest), reset DJM and voila...I get signal on CH1. 

Has anybody face that same problem? Is this a faulty unit or firmware issue? Thanks!

MoveOn

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

19 commenti

Sounds like a software glitch ...?  What version of Traktor are you running?

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I'm on Traktor Scratch PRO 2 (2.1.1.)

Funny is that even when I disconected USB, turn DJM off and back on, CH1 still didn't have any signal on Phono or Line input.

MoveOn 0 voti

Sounds like you need to go into TSP and go make sure you are sending your signal to 1/2 for Deck A and 7/8 to Deck B.

Robert Rodriguez 0 voti

Just an FYI 2.1.1 is garbage, Either downgrade to 2.0.3 or maybe try your luck with 2.1.2 it just posted today. =)

Robert Rodriguez 0 voti

I will try TSP 2.1.2. for sure, but I dont understand how could TSP cause this it isnt even connected when I turn on DJM for second... time.

MoveOn 0 voti

If you're having a problem with signal even on the line input, I'd contact tech support to have the unit serviced.  Regional links are located at the right.

Pulse 0 voti

I will try it for a few times more, to see when/why problem occurs (if still, after FW re-update). I am affraid that tech support won't see this fault, if it won't be documented well. Problem occur sometimes in specific situation.

MoveOn 0 voti

I tried again today... Again no phono signal on CH1. This time I get LIn signal on CH1 and when I switch to phon, I get Line signal there as well! And it si louder and distored... It is time to return the unit.

MoveOn 0 voti

I updated FW again. Shutdown and turn on...I get phono signal on phono AND line input now :S

MoveOn 0 voti

Wait a few minutes till I upload the video...I prepared it to demonstrate situation I have today after another update with FW 1.21.

MoveOn 0 voti

So once again.

Today I test the DJM900 again:

I could not get a Phono signal on CH1. Than I tried with audio signal from my computer on Line input on CH1 and it worked. Now, when I switched back to Phono, I could hear music from Line input, only louder and distored.

Next step was update unit with same firmware again...

After upgrade procedure, I did get a phono signal on Phono input, however I get crazy behaviour with channel 1 selector. Check the video I prepared (sorry on bad quality):

http://www.dean-deen.com/FTP/DJM_problem.mp4

MoveOn 0 voti

Thanks for the video - that really does help clarify the situation.  Yeah, you need to contact technical support for that one -- there's something unusual going on there.

Pulse 0 voti

Yeah, I will pack it and send it back to store in Germany I hope thay will act fast. Thanks for help!

MoveOn 0 voti

No - don't send it back to the retailer; contact technical support from the links at the right and they will direct you what to do next.

Pulse 0 voti

@MoveOn > Understood, you should contact your retailer before sending it tho!

Pulse 0 voti

OK.

BTW. Today when I test it again (and now already for 2 hours/ 2 on-off precedures) it works as it should :S

This is exactly what I was afraid of, because I will send it back as faulty, but later on servis there will be possibility that unit will work as normal. They will think that I am stupid and send it back to me... :)

MoveOn 0 voti

You should also send them a copy of the video and/or a link to this forum topic as it certainly exhibits a problem.

Pulse 0 voti