@ Pulse> I saw the video you made about Recording with the DJM-2000 (great job btw. ) Although I have the DJM-900nexus, I followed your video as much as I could (given the differences of both equipments) and I cannot get any sound out of the mixer into Audacity. I have two CD Players connected to channel 2 and 3 and using Line as the input source.
I am using:
- MacBook Pro with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8
- DJM-900nexus Firmware: 1.21
- DJM-900nexus Drivers: 1.3.0
- In the DJM-900nexus I went to the club setup menu and set the digital output to -5db
- In the DJM-900nexus Setting Utility the USB Output Level is set to -5 db (do I need to change anything else in the Setting Utility to get sound out of the USB port?)
- In Audacity the device is DJM-900 and 2(Stereo)
- In Audacity the Quality/Sampling is 96000 Hz and the Sample Format set to 16-bit.
When I try to record I don’t get any sound into Audacity. Sound is coming into the mixer from the CD players because I can hear it coming out to Master2 (15” powered bedroom speaker) but it seems like nothing is coming out from the USB port into the Mac (flat lines on Audacity while recording.) I have pictures of all the settings and actual results if you want to see them.
How about the controls on the Mixer? Where do they need to be at?
- Channel Up Fader (I had it all the way up)
- Channel Trim Button (I had it where the lights went all the way to 7; right before peak, no red led)
- Master Level Button (I had it where the lights went all the way to 7; right before peak, no red led)
Anything else you can think of? Am I missing something?